SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-09-10, 06:27 AM   #1771
Athlonic
Chief

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinclair View Post
SH3 Style no detected, problem, translation "manual installation french?" help!

regarde ici : http://www.mille-sabords.com/forum/i...dpost&p=282525

si tu as toujours des problèmes pour l'installation envoi moi un PM.

Athlonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 07:07 AM   #1772
sinclair
Watch

Downloads: 346
Uploads: 0

Merci pour ton aide précieuse
Old 05-09-10, 08:16 AM   #1773
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

made some radical changes to v2.2.0. I still have the mast height dial showing with the rest of the TDC dials and it's visibility is controlled via a new user option: MastHeightVisibleWithTDCDials.
One reason I added this new user option is that I've incorportated a mast height dial into the XO's TDC dialog box under range (which made perfect sense to do). Here would be a typical sequence of events:

you find contact
you lock onto contact
turn TDC on (it's on by default in v2.2.0)
identify contact
set contact's AOB via XO TDC dialog box (if known or calculated)
use XO TDC dialog box's stadimeter to get range - now here is where the mast height dial is located:

since you've identified the target you have the mast height info available ala repear7's enhanced rec manual that's incorporated into the mod. So you read off the mast height value and set the mast height dial to that value. Now you can click on 'use the stadimeter' to get your range reading(s).

Now if you take a range reading and then wait 30seconds - x minutes and then take a range reading again then you can use the XO TDC dialog box's speed to get the speed of the contact:

I was trying to reinvent the wheel (again ) by using the notepads. They have since been removed with v2.2.0. There's no need for them with all the information available for your contact in the XO TDC dialog box.

Another reason I added the new user option is that some users hide the XO TDC dialog box via the togglable option. For these users then they can enable the Mast height dial in the option box so that they can input the mast height. The new user option is set to False (hide mast height dial on TDC) as default.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 09:51 AM   #1774
Athlonic
Chief

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 2

Again you are doing an incredible work !

Athlonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 10:01 AM   #1775
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

describing more of the changes to v2.2.0:

some of the togglable icons to the top right bar have changed in the operation. This one:

Now only triggers TC 1 when a radio message (not contact, only message) is received (subject to user option depth under which sub cannot receive radio - if you are under this depth you get no radio)

this one:

now only triggers TC 1 when a new radio contact is reported (i.e. New radio message! Enemy task force....). This is subject to user option of depth under which sub cannot receive radio. This is also subject to the user option of max radio contact range (the max range from your sub that you can receive radio contact reports)

Now if you enable this togglable icon you see this:

the additional + and - icons allow you to set the max radio range for contacts in real time. The value is in km (kilometers). Currently, in this example, the sub can receive radio contact reports if they are in a radius of 15kms or less from the sub.

just clicking on the + or - adds/subtracts 0.1 (100 meters) to the distance. If the shift key is held down with clicking the +/- then the value is changed by 1.0 (1,000 meters). If the shift and alt keys are held down while clicking the +/- then the value is changed by 10.0 (10,000 meters). The max range you can specify is 999.9 (999,900 meters)

and that wraps up v2.2.0. I'll be packaging it up for release here soon.

final change log for v2.2.0:
v2.2.0 - redid the draggable compasses so that the inner ring is bigger and the outer rotatable ring is closer to the inner ring for better readings.
- added a new user option that allows you to specify the TC level above which the clock will not appear (it will stay hidden). The behavior can be overridden if the user manually toggles the clock on (AboveThisTCLevelDoNotShowClock)
- added new dial to TDC. This dial is a Mast height dial. This has to be set to the mast height of the selected contact before taking your range readings if you want accurate range readings (overcomes stock bug of mast always being set to 20m).
- removed hard coding of contact spotted/locked spotted and associated items for TAI and nav map. They now reference strings in the menu.txt file so that they can be translated to different languages.
- added new user option that allows the end user to specify the depth below which the sub does not receive radio messages/contacts. Your current sub depth has to be greater than the depth chosen to not receive radio (BelowThisDepthDontReceiveRadio)
- added new user option that allows the end user to specify the max range from their sub that they can receive radio contact reports. If TC1OnNewRadioNavMapContact is enabled and the contact is less than the distance specified then TC will be set to 1. If outside the range then TC remains at current value (MaxRadioContactRange)
- removed the notepads from UZO, attack, and obs scopes
- added mast height dial to XO TDC dialog box's range page
- added a new user option that allows the end user to control the visibility of the mast height dial assocaited with the TDC dials (MastHeightVisibleWithTDCDials)
- if TC1OnNewRadioNavMapContact is enabled then + and - icons and text that shows the max radio contact range appear below the TC1OnNewRadioNavMapContact togglable icon. User can use the + and - icons to change the max radio contact range distance from sub. This is the distance from the sub that the sub can receive new radio contact reports. Just pressing the + and - keys changes the value +- 100. Pressing the shift key also changes the value +- 1,000. Pressing the shift and alt keys also changes the value +- 10,000. Max range is limited to 999.9km. The text value is shown in km (kilometers).
Old 05-09-10, 11:27 AM   #1776
McHub532
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Now if you enable this togglable icon you see this:

the additional + and - icons allow you to set the max radio range for contacts in real time. The value is in km (kilometers). Currently, in this example, the sub can receive radio contact reports if they are in a radius of 15kms or less from the sub.

just clicking on the + or - adds/subtracts 0.1 (100 meters) to the distance. If the shift key is held down with clicking the +/- then the value is changed by 1.0 (1,000 meters). If the shift and alt keys are held down while clicking the +/- then the value is changed by 10.0 (10,000 meters). The max range you can specify is 999.9 (999,900 meters)

Perfect !

Now I won't drop to TC 1 when I radio report of a ship 4000 km's away happens. Rock'n Job TDW !

McHub532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 11:41 AM   #1777
Lopo
Lieutenant

Downloads: 477

Quote:
describing more of the changes to v2.2.0:

- if TC1OnNewRadioNavMapContact is enabled then + and - icons and text that shows the max radio contact range appear below the TC1OnNewRadioNavMapContact togglable icon. User can use the + and - icons to change the max radio contact range distance from sub. This is the distance from the sub that the sub can receive new radio contact reports. Just pressing the + and - keys changes the value +- 100. Pressing the shift key also changes the value +- 1,000. Pressing the shift and alt keys also changes the value +- 10,000. Max range is limited to 999.9km. The text value is shown in km (kilometers).
Excellent work! With your mod this game is getting better and better... and winning in realism!
I'll put the max range to 300 km and I'm sure that my tonnage will fall heavily near the real numbers.
Thank you for all

Lopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 11:43 AM   #1778
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Is there a way for the client to read the mast height from the rec manual and set it programmaticly when you ID a ship? Bypassing the manual setting of the mast height entirely?

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 11:46 AM   #1779
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Is there a way for the client to read the mast height from the rec manual and set it programmaticly when you ID a ship? Bypassing the manual setting of the mast height entirely?
I wish so but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Once I do I'll implement that feature to avoid the manual setting of mast height. The only reason you have to set mast height now is so that you can get accurate range readings. The game doesn't automatically update the mast height for the ship when you lock on/identify it (it just stays at 20m for every ship) thus if you manually set it then the correct mast height is used.
Old 05-09-10, 12:19 PM   #1780
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Is V2.2 going to be released today?
Old 05-09-10, 01:27 PM   #1781
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylania View Post
Quote:
I wish so but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. Once I do I'll implement that feature to avoid the manual setting of mast height. The only reason you have to set mast height now is so that you can get accurate range readings. The game doesn't automatically update the mast height for the ship when you lock on/identify it (it just stays at 20m for every ship) thus if you manually set it then the correct mast height is used.

Likewise I've being trying to get that to work also - with no luck
Are you using the Dial Type 70 (Cmd Set_tgt_mast_height_International) to send the Height TDC as I have one Idea left to try - although I don't think it will work either.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 01:57 PM   #1782
kylania
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 117

Yeah, I was thinking something along the lines of this:

Lock a ship and ID it. At that point the client presumably knows what ship you have locked. You should be able to than read from say an external file the mast height based on the ship ID (perhaps the same way you read the custom writing on the chalkboard page) then use that value to set the mast height via however the dial does? Or even just have a virtual, or off screen (or even on screen!), dial that gets set to that value?

It's a lot more manual upkeep (ship/mast pairs stored somewhere) than simply having the program work properly, but might work for these purposes? All depends if you can set a dial/value based on external data.

kylania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 02:23 PM   #1783
PL_Andrev
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 91

Quote:
Now if you take a range reading and then wait 30seconds - x minutes and then take a range reading again then you can use the XO TDC dialog box's speed to get the speed of the contact:
Nice and useful option, but...
Is this option is always perfectly accurate, or is calculated with a margin of error?

PL_Andrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 02:31 PM   #1784
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antar View Post
Nice and useful option, but...
Is this option is always perfectly accurate, or is calculated with a margin of error?
margin of error is in the time between readings and the precision of the range readings....should be more than adequate

I was seeing anywhere from 0.5 to 2 knots off during testing.
Old 05-09-10, 03:01 PM   #1785
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

v2.2.0 released. See post #1 of this thread for details. Happy manual targeting hunting

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui