Old 05-12-16, 03:52 AM   #1741
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
What Dawn of Justice failed! Enfim...

Just a question for all, anyone knows or remembers a film with Roy Scheider that he portraits a reporter (I think)?
He uses a nikon F2 + leica m4 (again, I think) in several scenes, I only once saw that movie and didn't catch the beginning and the name so many years ago.
''Somebody has to shoot the Picture'' from 1990 ?

Old 05-12-16, 03:53 AM   #1742
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Nostalgia critics, best Batman movie no one knows about

Conroy as Bats, Hammil as Joker, I hadn't watched it yet and I have to agree
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 06:18 AM   #1743
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
''Somebody has to shoot the Picture'' from 1990 ?
Possible, didn't thought that was from the 90's, always think it was from the late 70's or early 80's. I will look into it, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
Nostalgia critics, best Batman movie no one knows about

Conroy as Bats, Hammil as Joker, I hadn't watched it yet and I have to agree
Let me guess, Mask of the Phantom, right? Yes it is one of the best. Until the Nolan trilogy, many thought that it was the best.
I read that the film was suppose to premiere in the cinemas and have almost 2 hours, but do to budget restrains, went strait to video and have the 80m long (I think),
Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 06:28 AM   #1744
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
Let me guess, Mask of the Phantom, right? Yes it is one of the best. Until the Nolan trilogy, many thought that it was the best.
I read that the film was suppose to premiere in the cinemas and have almost 2 hours, but do to budget restrains, went strait to video and have the 80m long (I think),
Exactly.
NC mentioned it had a cinema release Maybe a limited one.
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-16, 06:31 AM   #1745
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Watched The Net 2.0 last night, a better film than the first one which was good the only problem with this one it was confusing. If I get another opportunity to watch this again I will.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-16, 06:30 PM   #1746
Von Due
Sea Lord

Downloads: 30

So many great movies it's hard to pick a favourite but I somehow always seem to land on M by Fritz Lang. The final speech by Lorre is haunting as it is troubling.

The Third Man is a serious contender as well and I'll jump on the Cuckoo clock speech fan bus any day of the week.

Recently I got to see an absolutely marvelous piece of cinema history, A Trip To The Moon (Le Voyage dans la Lune) and it sailed straight up to the top tier. The blend of science, satire, fantasy and technological magic for its time (1902) makes this a fantastic flick.

The Cabinet of Dr Caligari is another one that gets its reruns here. Another remarkable movie that stands out.

Freaks is another really good movie. It could hardly have been made today but as it is, it's another one of the classics that get a rerun every now and then.

Lighter films too: I still love the first 3 Star Wars movies. Yeah, they're light weight, yeah they are naive, yeah they are shallow, yeah they are silly at times but the way Lucas bridges the light, 2 dimensional 30's, 40's and 50's comics to 70's state of the art sci fi is just brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. As iconic as any of the great movies.

Teenagers From Outer Space is one of a myriad of examples of ultra dumb but ultra entertaining 50's/60's B flicks. Then you have the less dumb, sometimes quite decent B flicks like The Trollenberg Terror.

Then you have the outright party roller coaster flicks like Bad Taste, Brain Dead and Meet The Feebles. Got them all and they are not for sale.

I'm not a huge fan of horror flicks but there are 2 that I have to mention being among my top picks.

Alien. After the Star Wars movie came out and we kids were all into the glorious battles for galactic freedom and all that, this flick came out and the impact it had, contrasting S.W, was just enormous. Still is a regular rerunner here.

Night Of The Living Dead. Romero's classic is just that. A classic. The ending alone makes this movie worth every second I spend watching the flick. Only one other movie so utterly destroys any hope like the ending does on this one. The other movie is Eraserhead and I absolutely hate the idea of watching that again.

Finally the just plain bizarre and not always politically correct by today's standards, like The Terror of Tiny Town. Like Freaks it couldn't have been made today but in the 30's things were a little different.
Von Due is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-16, 02:56 AM   #1747
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

I remember Freaks being shown years and years ago on one of those late night "x-rated" TV events, but I never heard of The Terror of Tiny Town. 'Wiki' describes it as "the world's only musical western with an all-dwarf cast"... no kidding?
Old 05-14-16, 04:54 AM   #1748
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
I remember Freaks being shown years and years ago on one of those late night "x-rated" TV events, but I never heard of The Terror of Tiny Town. 'Wiki' describes it as "the world's only musical western with an all-dwarf cast"... no kidding?
It is indeed one of the movies that, if you didn't look into it, or never watched it you would never believe it was actually made.
Old 05-15-16, 08:57 AM   #1749
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

The stuff my wife brings home... we watched Green Inferno last night. I didn't fall asleep, and afterwards told her I was glad I'd already eaten my tea.
Old 05-15-16, 09:14 AM   #1750
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Green Inferno
Had to look that one up but it sounds like just the perfect flick after a romantic dinner with candles, the whole thing Not sure if that is one for me.
Old 05-15-16, 01:03 PM   #1751
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Yes, you could say the whole movie is about dinner, but not the romantic kind
Old 05-18-16, 06:52 AM   #1752
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW (remake) Trailer.

''.......''
Old 05-18-16, 12:54 PM   #1753
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Quote:

Old 05-20-16, 05:02 AM   #1754
Von Due
Sea Lord

Quote:

''.......''
I did watch the original on the big screen years back. That was a peculiar experience. I don't think many of us had seen it before so we wouldn't really know how it went. To the rescue: They handed us all a transcript of all the dialogue with cues on when to bring out the umbrella, when to shout whateve, when to throw the rice and so on.... way to go eh. Bet those regulars who DID come up with the shenanigans after seeing the same movie every week for more than a decade would give us that respectful nod... yeah right Fun movie but no need to fake an in-the-know when we never saw the flick before.
Old 05-21-16, 04:22 AM   #1755
Rhodes
Silent Hunter

Not a movie, but found out about this:
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/0...cgyver-reboot/

Tags
films, movie, movies