SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-13-11, 05:40 PM   #1711
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Budokan View Post
This looks absolutely fascinating. The amount of work, detail, and love you guys have put into this mod is nothing short of amazing.

Thank you ahead of time for all your hard work. I am really looking forward to the release of this mod and trying it out!
Hi mate,

You are welcome my friend without you guys there would be no point of making that

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 09:18 PM   #1712
Fish In The Water
Prince of
the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Yep everything work the way i intended to and now it is even better because i used the new animation texture controller from Anvart and i add sheet of paper and miscellaneous objects floating in the flood compartment water
Sounds great, cheers for all the hard work!
Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 09:52 PM   #1713
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
I also find a way to use it to make damage made by weapons a all new ball game i can already see you guys abusing of the deck gun and flak

As long as you updated the damage model on the seagulls

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 08:25 AM   #1714
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie View Post
@makman: This GUI looks fantastic. Hope it will also be available as standalone.
thank you H.Sie but it is not a decision that is only mine. Reaper has work on this gui ...Hans also and still he is working on some new stuff so i hope to understand that what will happen is team's decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalbyke View Post

Are the two red buttons at the top on either side of the bearing readout a kind of toggle for the reticle shape?
And,
I noticed the vertical divisions on the reticle are a different spacing than the horizontal. Is the RAOBF going to work the same?

Thank you so much for your hard work and contributions to this project!
hi Postalbyke,

NO,the left button is for the raobf tool [something new here is that it will be released two versions of raobf tool ...one MILS version (the default one) and one DEGREES version (optional)]
the right button is activating the stadimeter (user will have three 'different' ways to get range with this gui)
the difference that you see at vertical and horizontal divisions on the reticle of obs scope is becuase the vertical is mils and the horizontal is degrees . historical things...german scopes....
don't worry ...everything is working absolutely perfect with the scopes !

Quote:
Hi mate.

You are one of a kind regarding GUI design the interface is beyond my wildest dreams when i start U-BOAT HAHD i never expected i would team with such talented team mates you and reaper are simply the best.

Looking at this screen is always a pure delight

Today i am putting the last touch at what coming and i also found some new ways to used Anvart recent controllers that will enhanced greatly the damage aspect of any weapons.

Best regards Hans
what can i say ?....thank you very much 'teacher' . i know how much demanding is your u-boot hahd expectations and this post is much more than a 'thank you' for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post

@MAkman Your UI gets better every time I fire it up - currently trying out the addons
not my gui John...without your support will never have this shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
About the green reticule lines.I think you misunderstood me.What I mean is that the graph lines are not as bright as the center vertical and horizontal lines.

Wolfstriked prepare for THE detail now !
......if you look closer maybe you will notice that the horiz line is brighter than the vertical line .that is becuase the horiz line is 'hiding' the stadi line when you haven't activate the stadi ! i can't shadow this stadi's line (seems hardcoded) but you can bet that if i could i would have shadow this line too (not brighter...but darker !)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***1074;***1086;***1083;***1082; View Post
As an old grouch I will say that the golden frame colour of the two dials on the left is exaggerated and ugly, and doesn't fit the rest of gui (a great work with it!).
i think i know what you mean and was on my todo list but once you mentioned it (thank you for that) have a look at this pic ....is it better now ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Budokan View Post
This looks absolutely fascinating. The amount of work, detail, and love you guys have put into this mod is nothing short of amazing.

Thank you ahead of time for all your hard work. I am really looking forward to the release of this mod and trying it out!
one of the best 'thank you' post Iron Budokan ...gives the feel of truth ! thank you too

Quote:
Hi mate,

..... i add sheet of paper and miscellaneous objects floating in the flood compartment water

you never stop the 'surprises' Hans....

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:00 AM   #1715
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 276
Absolutely excellent work makman, and Hans floating debris in the flooded compartments ! Shipmates you all deserve a medal for your outstanding contributions

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 09:35 AM   #1716
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner View Post
.....Shipmates you all deserve a medal for your outstanding contributions

We are not interested for medals Fubar2Niner ...

u-boot hahd is a very big project and ,in fact , will push the sh3 to modding levels that no one has ever imagined . but Hans needs the support by all of us if you want to see how far this can go . it is really sad that i see the community to stand against this brilliant guy instead of supporting him as much they can !

the team definetely needs more hands ,the ''outstanding contributions'' of the current members are not enough if you want to see this project complete 100% . most believe that it is a uiia project but if you look closer ....can you see how many things that are coming can be used to other boats too? animations,ports,cranes,ships and many many other that the list will be endless .it was Hans who started all this(opening threads...asking things that all have as 'dead' or 'impossible' till today) ...a big inspiration that sh3 was about to have long time ago !
anyway, team definetely needs more hands and especially we need a guy that will be able to manage the campaign files . i hope that someone i have in my mind (i will pm him when time comes) will agree to take part on this .talking for campaigns ...this guy is definetely the 'diamond' and you all know him very well .if he agreed there are allready two very talented members (that i respect very much) that have told me will help him to finish the project .

as you understand this project is not Hans's or mine or Reapers's or rest team's....it is a project for sh3 itself and all that you love modding (and not your ego) are always wellcome to team

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 10:09 AM   #1717
Fubar2Niner
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 276

@makman

Very well put shipmate. As you can see from this thread

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174889 post#5

I am a long standing admirer and supporter of Hans work, dating back to his beautiful torpedo HAHD release. Unfortunately I'm no modder, the only help I have managed to date is signing up for dropbox a long ways back

Keep up the good work Team HAHD

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner
Fubar2Niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 11:38 AM   #1718
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
We are not interested for medals Fubar2Niner ...

u-boot hahd is a very big project and ,in fact , will push the sh3 to modding levels that no one has ever imagined . but Hans needs the support by all of us if you want to see how far this can go . it is really sad that i see the community to stand against this brilliant guy instead of supporting him as much they can !

the team definetely needs more hands ,the ''outstanding contributions'' of the current members are not enough if you want to see this project complete 100% . most believe that it is a uiia project but if you look closer ....can you see how many things that are coming can be used to other boats too? animations,ports,cranes,ships and many many other that the list will be endless .it was Hans who started all this(opening threads...asking things that all have as 'dead' or 'impossible' till today) ...a big inspiration that sh3 was about to have long time ago !
anyway, team definetely needs more hands and especially we need a guy that will be able to manage the campaign files . i hope that someone i have in my mind (i will pm him when time comes) will agree to take part on this .talking for campaigns ...this guy is definetely the 'diamond' and you all know him very well .if he agreed there are allready two very talented members (that i respect very much) that have told me will help him to finish the project .

as you understand this project is not Hans's or mine or Reapers's or rest team's....it is a project for sh3 itself and all that you love modding (and not your ego) are always wellcome to team
Hi mate,

Don't worry U-BOAT HAHD will be deliver because we all know that no other game studio will do the kind of game we are building simply because no studio would put such a tremendous amount of hours in one game.

Also my opinion is that Kriegsmarine U-boat operations are the only interesting theater of war for submarine warfare because of the time it last and the resources involve.

With the recent addition that you will soon all see here sh3 will be your best option for full Atlantic theater warfare.

A game engine is never too old if you know how to work your way with graphic and tips and trick that you grab over the years.

Bad artists will always tell you the game engine is too old because even with a brand new game engine they simply can't make nice artwork and i see plenty of recent games that are worth nothing with latest technology.

The sh3 engine is rock solid an never cease to amaze me on it robustness.

Ok enough talk time for me to go finish what some of you are anxious to see!

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 11:45 AM   #1719
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:

Makman you hit the nail on the head with that darker brass colour.
I think that's definitely the best shade for balance between Day and Night use Much better than my original brass and your darker brass one - don't do any more with it, its perfect

And as you already stated the U-Boot_HAHD project is not just a Team Mod to outdo other Teams already outstanding work to date, but more a Mod to push the boundaries of all that accumulated knowledge and merge it with all the new knowledge and techniques that are still being discovered even today (Just look at Anvarts new Animation controllers ).
And I put my Hand out to all Modders past and present to join this group effort, to bring SH3 to the next level - all that was learned before does not need to be lost but reintegrated back into SH3 .

So think of this as not A team Mod but a whole community Mod, that all are welcome to join - there's plenty to be done and anyone is to be able to something no matter how small

SH3 is definitely alive and about to put a Torp into the keel of all doubters .

Long live SH3, May she sail the seven seas...
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 12:26 PM   #1720
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

The brass is perfect in the newest version,as Reaper pointed out.Makman,copy that about the line being brighter due to hiding the stadimeter line.Your forgot my suggestion #27 though........You mention making the attack scope without the cutouts.I think the attack scope should be the one that has the cutouts and the OS without for better FOV to observe with.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 12:59 PM   #1721
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
The brass is perfect in the newest version,as Reaper pointed out.Makman,copy that about the line being brighter due to hiding the stadimeter line.Your forgot my suggestion #27 though........You mention making the attack scope without the cutouts.I think the attack scope should be the one that has the cutouts and the OS without for better FOV to observe with.
Current way is historically accurate. Obs had the cutouts. Attack didn't (Although with Type IIA were not sure if it had/had not cutouts ).
The way makman has done the scopes everything is authentic from the bearing lines to the degree spacing between the graticule markings
So when you use these scopes in the mod - you'll see thru them as if you were on the real TYPIIA.

And that is what we are striving for with HAHD - Highly Accurate Highly Detailed.
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-11, 01:04 PM   #1722
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Current way is historically accurate. Obs had the cutouts. Attack didn't (Although with Type IIA were not sure if it had/had not cutouts ).
The way makman has done the scopes everything is authentic from the bearing lines to the degree spacing between the graticule markings
So when you use these scopes in the mod - you'll see thru them as if you were on the real TYPIIA.

And that is what we are striving for with HAHD - Highly Accurate Highly Detailed.
Ahhh,didn't know that and authenticity is key so......Keep striving
Old 07-14-11, 01:27 PM   #1723
Volk2
Medic

Downloads: 25

Quote:
There more realistic than exaggerated, being based of the real deal .
But I have them in the same brass colour as the actual dials casing too, but then they are too bright at night. The darker colour blends in much better for both day/night use.
I am eating my hat now, Reaper. Thanks for the real world pictures!

Quote:
i think i know what you mean and was on my todo list but once you mentioned it (thank you for that) have a look at this pic ....is it better now ?
This is exactly what I've had on mind - more warlike atmosphere, desaturated colours, like the rest of gui
Old 07-14-11, 06:39 PM   #1724
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Ahoy HAHD team.....I have tweaked the water/uboat physics more and am finally happy with it.Try it out and tell me what you think.I uploaded 4 videos to the U-Boot_HAHD Supporters drop box.

The stock one is to show stock to compare with.I use GWX16km mod as base with changes to scene.dat and the typeIIA sub stats.
Old 07-14-11, 08:02 PM   #1725
Madox58
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Many Modders that may not claim to be a member of the HAHD Team
do contribute in many ways.
You might be aware of this effort, you might not, as alot of stuff crosses many threads.
There's also the PM's that do fly back and forth between people.
One thing I Hate with a passion is totally being open on many things until release!

The surprise and 'WOW' factor is screwed up by 'Johnny Come Lately's'
Who only wish to garner some sort of fame then claim 'they' did it all.