SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-11, 09:22 PM   #1696
postalbyke
Chief

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 1

Yeah, I frequently have to dip scope to see the numbers when I'm attacking at dawn/dusk... the green color just blends in with the sky somehow (I love magui otherwise)
Old 07-13-11, 07:10 AM   #1697
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Makman, that interface looks just... I'm out of words really. It really fits the Silent Hunter 3 atmosphere and is by far the best looking interface I've seen for any sub sim. Won't you release it for GWX while we wait for HAHD to be completed? I'd recommend making a separate thread for the interface so that it would be easier to keep up to date with it and discuss interface only related issues.

hello Kara , very nice to see you around . i am glad that you like the gui ( your opinion is always valuable for me ) !

no , it will not be released to any other supermod EXEPT for the ONE that U-Boot-HAHD will be joined with (IF Hans decide so). if Hans decide to release the U-Boot-HAHD mod as a stand alone mod then the gui will be part only for U-Boot-HAHD.

ps: your menu renumberer tool did FANTASTIC job Kara !! sometimes i thought that will be get on 'fire' be the extend use i made to it !! thank you very very much that you sent it to me !!

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 07:19 AM   #1698
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

@ Wolfstrike,

There are three parameters that must always be balanced and adjusted if you want to have proper scopes (and scopes that you know what you have done).
these parameters are the viewport values , the angular angle value and the diameter of scope . the first two are effecting the objects sizes (each one with its own way) and the diameter of scope ...obviously is effecting what the player's eye will see on screen.
the 'building' of scopes starts exactly from the last parameter ! i mean that the designer FIRSTLY will have to decide how much big will be the 'hole' of scope and then adjust the other two parameters.

so, Wolfstriked, the diameter of scope is very very important . you can't make it extremely small (becuase this will give to user the sense that looks through a small 'hole') or extremely big (this will give to user the sense that he is looking through a window and not a scope). the diameter of scopes that you see in MaGui was altered by a currently on duty officer that he is serving on greek submarines and he has sticked his eye to scope many many times.

now, if you want to make the diameter bigger ,as you say, (for better view) and don't adjust the other two parameters ...have in mind that this will ruin the fov of scope (at MaGui's scopes fov=38 degrees and at these new scopes for type uiia fov=40 degrees). now, if you want to have proper scopes with bigger diameter you will have to adjust the other two parameters too in order to set the scope to ,for example, fov=40 degrees. BUT even if you do that you WILL NOT SEE more AMOUNT of skies than the current settings ! the only difference will be that the 'hole' of scope will cover more space on your screen and thats all (fov will be 40 degrees to both situations).

so , it is important to understand that what you are asking is to create a scope with an extremely large fov(and not nesecerelly a bigger 'hole') and as U-Boot-HAHD is focusing to realism this is out of discussion at all !

@ Wolfstrike and Postalbyke,
about the brigthness (or color) of reticles:
look at this pic and tell me does the brightness or color of reticles are bothering you ? (it is deep night-MaGui F have also the same settings at brightness and color of reticles) :

i believe that both will answer NO. that was my main 'guide' when i was adjusting the brightness of reticles(-the green color is hardcoded afaik). i mean that the 'guide' was to make them vissible but less ,as possible, annoying during the deep night . of course there are times of day that these reticles will not be clearly seen either becuase of brightness and either becuase of their color ! this is normal to be happening if you think how many colors the environment may change (i guess that it was possible to happen to reality back then too)!the only solution to this is to give an extreme color to reticles which will not conflict with env's colors (like a red for example) but it was not so nice during day(plus that will not change color during day or night) so i left it behind .

about the filters : the scopes that you see at pics are only shadowed at the edges of lens. no saturation at all is altered to them . i have added to code some lines that can 'read' a filter (tga image) so player will have the abillity to choose a filter that he likes to apply on scopes or to create a new one that fits to his tastes.(as it is allready done in MaGui)

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 07:33 AM   #1699
h.sie
Admiral

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

@makman: This GUI looks fantastic. Hope it will also be available as standalone.
Old 07-13-11, 09:38 AM   #1700
postalbyke
Chief

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 1

It does look awesome, Makman!
As long as the bearing numbers are not set against the sky, it's easy to read, so I'd say, problem solved!

Are the two red buttons at the top on either side of the bearing readout a kind of toggle for the reticle shape?
And,
I noticed the vertical divisions on the reticle are a different spacing than the horizontal. Is the RAOBF going to work the same?

Thank you so much for your hard work and contributions to this project!
Old 07-13-11, 12:00 PM   #1701
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post

Hi mate.

You are one of a kind regarding GUI design the interface is beyond my wildest dreams when i start U-BOAT HAHD i never expected i would team with such talented team mates you and reaper are simply the best.

Looking at this screen is always a pure delight

Today i am putting the last touch at what coming and i also found some new ways to used Anvart recent controllers that will enhanced greatly the damage aspect of any weapons.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 12:30 PM   #1702
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
Makman, that interface looks just... I'm out of words really. It really fits the Silent Hunter 3 atmosphere and is by far the best looking interface I've seen for any sub sim. Won't you release it for GWX while we wait for HAHD to be completed? I'd recommend making a separate thread for the interface so that it would be easier to keep up to date with it and discuss interface only related issues.

@Wolfstrike: the better visibility of the OS only comes from its ability to rotate up more and the increased light quantity that passes through the lens having no stadimeter prisms.
So there was no stadimeter in the Obs scope Only the Attack scope
That would give reason for both scopes.

Obs Scope = More rotation up/down for better Target Searching - More Light.
Attack Scope = Stadimeter for range finding - less light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate.

You are one of a kind regarding GUI design the interface is beyond my wildest dreams when i start U-BOAT HAHD i never expected i would team with such talented team mates you and reaper are simply the best.

Looking at this screen is always a pure delight

Today i am putting the last touch at what coming and i also found some new ways to used Anvart recent controllers that will enhanced greatly the damage aspect of any weapons.

Best regards Hans
Likewise Mate, couldn't have teamed up with a better bunch of lads if I wanted too .

Last touches - So previews today ?

@MAkman Your UI gets better every time I fire it up - currently trying out the addons
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 12:55 PM   #1703
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Oh man,I am in heaven here.The quality of work you guys are bringing is top notch and I must say that you guys and all the modders are very much appreciated.

About the green reticule lines.I think you misunderstood me.What I mean is that the graph lines are not as bright as the center vertical and horizontal lines.

Makman,I understand the Submarine officer telling you that the diameter you see is what you would in a real submarine and understand your choice to leave it as it is.You wrote this below and I feel that the OS would benefit with the larger FOV by having no cuts.The attack scope having them fits since the square attack scope viewport "might" cause the cuts to appear.

there will be also at optionals one more version for the attack scope without the 'cuts' at the upper and bottom sides,here :

EDIT.....forgot to say that the new dials are sexy time for submariners!!!

Last edited by Wolfstriked; 07-13-11 at 02:07 PM.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 01:19 PM   #1704
Volk2
Medic

Downloads: 25

As an old grouch I will say that the golden frame colour of the two dials on the left is exaggerated and ugly, and doesn't fit the rest of gui (a great work with it!).
Old 07-13-11, 02:31 PM   #1705
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Hans I've been meaning to ask you, did you sort out the interiour flooding problem?

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 04:05 PM   #1706
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***1074;***1086;***1083;***1082; View Post
As an old grouch I will say that the golden frame colour of the two dials on the left is exaggerated and ugly, and doesn't fit the rest of gui (a great work with it!).
There more realistic than exaggerated, being based of the real deal .
But I have them in the same brass colour as the actual dials casing too, but then they are too bright at night. The darker colour blends in much better for both day/night use.

Old 07-13-11, 04:14 PM   #1707
Iron Budokan
Sea Lord

Downloads: 32

This looks absolutely fascinating. The amount of work, detail, and love you guys have put into this mod is nothing short of amazing.

Thank you ahead of time for all your hard work. I am really looking forward to the release of this mod and trying it out!

http://kennethmarkhoover.com
Iron Budokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 04:42 PM   #1708
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
There more realistic than exaggerated, being based of the real deal .
But I have them in the same brass colour as the actual dials casing too, but then they are too bright at night. The darker colour blends in much better for both day/night use.

Brilliant!!! Makes a bunch of sense to have them darker.The rudder setting dial seems unreal.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 04:56 PM   #1709
reaper7
sim2reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Brilliant!!! Makes a bunch of sense to have them darker.The rudder setting dial seems unreal.
Yes Makman did a great job on the Rudder Dial His work always impresses
Old 07-13-11, 05:37 PM   #1710
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwieger View Post
Hans I've been meaning to ask you, did you sort out the interiour flooding problem?
Hi mate,

Yep everything work the way i intended to and now it is even better because i used the new animation texture controller from Anvart and i add sheet of paper and miscellaneous objects floating in the flood compartment water

I also find a way to use it to make damage made by weapons a all new ball game i can already see you guys abusing of the deck gun and flak
I used it for the torpedoes damage in a very efficient way and visually it is a blast to look at.

I am only starting to see place i can used texture animation controller and more surprised are coming along the way.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote