SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-07-11, 07:23 PM   #1681
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi mate,

Soon it will come don't despair! Sometime i can loose a lot of valuable time doing some rendering just to show the state of the work done.

The way i work make it sometime a little difficult to release images because i often need to do a complete new setup just for that.

And also i hate to upload stuff that are not completed to the level i want them to be.

Thing are getting along very nicely and i am now pretty comfortable with statemachines controller they give us way of controlling the animation the way we want.

All i can say is that U-BOAT HAHD immersion factor will raised the bar very high.

Best regards Hans
.........i have no doupt Oleg....erm...sorry...i meant Hans ! but hey....let me 'push' you a litlle bit !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Nice one Mate, I've got another U-Boot-Hahd Mug that I can offer up as a prize too (Unused of course)

that is called addiction John !

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 09:05 AM   #1682
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
Need plenty of coffee while I'm building my fully working 1:1 scale TypeIIA
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 04:16 PM   #1683
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Quote:
.........i have no doupt Oleg....erm...sorry...i meant Hans ! but hey....let me 'push' you a litlle bit !!

Hi mate,

A little push is always welcome but i am pushing myself like no one else!
It is coming i know it sound repetitive but hey it's all for free!

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 04:17 PM   #1684
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Need plenty of coffee while I'm building my fully working 1:1 scale TypeIIA
Hi mate,

Are you really doing a scale model?

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-11, 04:56 PM   #1685
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Hans,back to work dude.....Yes its free and we all love you modders!!!

EDIT.....a few things for Makman....any way to give us the Uzo look without the sidepanels for the binoculars?The round one from Magui makes me feel like I am looking thru a periscope.Maybe as an option?Second is if its possible....when you target something in game at times a small triangle appears signaling that its targeted.Is it possible that airplanes would always have this on.I ask because when you look out with the scopes,if a plane is in vicinity,you will never spot it due to how monitors/resolution works.In some games the devs would add a pixel when the plane disappears so that you can still see them but SH3 has no feature.The triangle would work perfect and make looking with the scopes before surfacing actually useful.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-11, 09:48 AM   #1686
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Hi mate,

Are you really doing a scale model?

Best regards Hans
Hehe no just joking 1:1 would be fullsize . Hmmm but maybe
reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 12:30 AM   #1687
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Have you seen the Cocaine Cartel Submarines from Brazil?
History Channel says they must have some good engineers designing these new boats but I think they just hang out here at SubSim.com

These new subs have Schnorchels and run submerged at depth of about 30 feet at high speeds with range of 14-20 thousand miles. No Periscope but they have Camera's mounted on the Snorkle Head and GPS Navigation.

The boats in this article are nothing compared the ones they have recently found.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 07-10-11 at 12:46 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 02:48 AM   #1688
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Lol, I too think they hang out here at Subsim. Maybe we should ask Hans what he did during his absence.

Oi, Do they have shots of the Interior?
Wouldn't be surprised if they used the design by Flakmonkey!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 10:02 AM   #1689
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxale View Post
Lol, I too think they hang out here at Subsim. Maybe we should ask Hans what he did during his absence.

Oi, Do they have shots of the Interior?
Wouldn't be surprised if they used the design by Flakmonkey!
In the TV documentary they had interior shots.
Entire boat was controlled by a laptop computer located at the helm.
The two Air compressors looked like the 800 gallon compressors you get at costco or something.
Maybe 5 bunks, toilet, fresh water tanks, refridgerator, microwave, air conditioning, etc.

They didn't say how deep it could dive but they did say it was comparible to WWII submarines.

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 04:29 AM   #1690
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Hi mate,

A little push is always welcome but i am pushing myself like no one else!
It is coming i know it sound repetitive but hey it's all for free!

Best regards Hans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post

EDIT.....a few things for Makman....any way to give us the Uzo look without the sidepanels for the binoculars?The round one from Magui makes me feel like I am looking thru a periscope.Maybe as an option?
yea ,thats pretty easy to be done but ,actually, looking through a binocular ...you have a round view and not the uzo's view look . also,and the uzo has a round view but i made it not rounded just for game's reasons (for player distinguish immediatelly uzo and binoculars page)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Second is if its possible....when you target something in game at times a small triangle appears signaling that its targeted.Is it possible that airplanes would always have this on.I ask because when you look out with the scopes,if a plane is in vicinity,you will never spot it due to how monitors/resolution works.In some games the devs would add a pixel when the plane disappears so that you can still see them but SH3 has no feature.The triangle would work perfect and make looking with the scopes before surfacing actually useful.
these 'triangles' are hardcoded ,meaning that can't be altered and have the behaviour you are asking without hacking the executables. but even if it was possible .... i don't believe it is a good idea becuase no real at all to see these 'triangles' !

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-11, 11:53 AM   #1691
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:

yea ,thats pretty easy to be done but ,actually, looking through a binocular ...you have a round view and not the uzo's view look . also,and the uzo has a round view but i made it not rounded just for game's reasons (for player distinguish immediatelly uzo and binoculars page)

these 'triangles' are hardcoded ,meaning that can't be altered and have the behaviour you are asking without hacking the executables. but even if it was possible .... i don't believe it is a good idea becuase no real at all to see these 'triangles' !
Copy that Makman,its just that it feels like binoculars when it looks like them.Your mod your choice and I will still use your stuff.

Your most likely correct that triangles is most likely hardcoded since its a much wanted effect in flight sims and the devs must change the executable to change.I have modded my game to have high realism in weapons and I get shredded to pieces when I surface with a plane around.Last night a Flying Sunderland first shot me up so bad that I think I would of sunk from flooding but then finished me off with a perfectly placed bomb that blew the sub out the water.First time I have ever been destroyed by an airplane.
Old 07-11-11, 03:59 PM   #1692
SteveR
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Please please make the mod compatible with stock gui/interface. I prefer the original and like using my own modifications. Every mega mod has a totally new gui and it's unnecessary, imo. Same goes for the redundant loading screens and new music.

Thanks for consideration.
Old 07-12-11, 12:29 PM   #1693
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:

the obs scope :

Manos
Makman,dont hate me,but I still feel that the OB should have a wider FOV.I know Hitman has shown that the OB and attack scopes both had equal zoom/fov levels and internet search only proves this is correct.In fact,the real difference of the two scopes is the attack had a smaller glass viewport so less light enters and hence less reflection on surface allowing more stealth in daylight hours.This is not modeled in SH3 as the only factor is the amount the scope sticks out the water.....so that is mute.

But a wider FOV to the OB scope will allow a better observation of the surface while at the max zoom and this is important because the planes disappear at the 1.5x setting at a very close distance.With 6x and wider FOV you can scan the skies much better.

I know alot of work has been spent on the scopes so its your choice if more is in fact called for so hear me out before you say NO.What I am thinking is the observation scope as big as the the outline of the actual scope and without the cuts at top and bottom for maximum scope FOV real estate.This removes the bearing and gyroangle dials and also the two buttons for the stadimeter and RAOFB sadly so again its your call.

Another thing is the lines at night are dimmer than the main vertical and horizontal line in MaguiF and makes it very hard to see them at certain light levels.Any chance for a preview of the new graphs at low light levels???
Old 07-12-11, 06:25 PM   #1694
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151

Makman, that interface looks just... I'm out of words really. It really fits the Silent Hunter 3 atmosphere and is by far the best looking interface I've seen for any sub sim. Won't you release it for GWX while we wait for HAHD to be completed? I'd recommend making a separate thread for the interface so that it would be easier to keep up to date with it and discuss interface only related issues.

@Wolfstrike: the better visibility of the OS only comes from its ability to rotate up more and the increased light quantity that passes through the lens having no stadimeter prisms. While tweaking Mikhayl's ACM interface years ago I promoted the use of "filters" to make the OS appear brighter at night too. As for the lens markings, they'll lit up at night just like the center lines. Apparently, putting the image for the markings in a particular group makes them change color at night. Pretty handy.
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-11, 08:14 PM   #1695
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazovnew View Post
@Wolfstrike: the better visibility of the OS only comes from its ability to rotate up more and the increased light quantity that passes through the lens having no stadimeter prisms. While tweaking Mikhayl's ACM interface years ago I promoted the use of "filters" to make the OS appear brighter at night too. As for the lens markings, they'll lit up at night just like the center lines. Apparently, putting the image for the markings in a particular group makes them change color at night. Pretty handy.
I just feel that making it bigger would benefit the player in that its hard to scan the skies at x6 with small FOV.The 1.5x setting was what was most likely used in real life but the planes would not disappear at that zoom level.Also,you point out that the reason for the brighter OS scope is due to the lack of the stadimeter prisms.

And the night time green lines work its just that the small tick marks are less bright and at certain light levels its hard to see them....could be on my side though.