SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-30-11, 07:25 PM   #1666
brett25
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 570
Uploads: 0

cant wait to see whats cooking hans
brett25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-11, 05:36 PM   #1667
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Witteman View Post
Hi shipmates,

Sorry for such a long absence but i am on hyper mod for what coming and all of you will understand why very very soon just a couple more days and be prepared for an avalanche of new content.

oh i see 'teacher' is now on periscope depth !

what are we 'expecting' Hans ???? show us a sample .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
For sure the uzo was added later
thank you Alberto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post

Uzo work is not wasted as the Type IID will have it.Are you guys releasing a Type II family or will the first release be TypeIIA exclusive?
after some discussion with Hans...i can tell you that ,for sure, there will be UZO on type iia . there are thoughts to be added as an upgrade item after a given date .

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods

Last edited by makman94; 07-03-11 at 06:01 PM.
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 06:13 AM   #1668
urfisch
Sea Lord

Downloads: 42

nice news! thanks a lot!

by the way, hans. we are dealing with quite a revolutionary project. "ai wolfpacks". maybe you can help? maybe not. decide on yourself and take a look into this threat:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225

urfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-11, 08:07 AM   #1669
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
After some discussion with Hans...I can tell you that ,for sure, there will be UZO on type iia . there are thoughts to be added as an upgrade item after a given date .
Great stuff! Why do I love the TypeII family so....I think I realized it last night.I love to do one patrol per night and the lack of Torpedoes makes this happen.When I play with the larger subs I find I start getting homesick and feel claustrophobic since I play with no external views.And I love to actually leave port and dock upon return.If I ever move up to a IX I think I wont be able to take it.

Makman,just to verify,will you release the TypeII as a family of subs or will we wait for the IID?Either way......take as much time as you guys need.
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-11, 12:55 AM   #1670
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Downloads: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
oh i see 'teacher' is now on periscope depth !

what are we 'expecting' Hans ???? show us a sample .....
Hi mate,

Soon it will come don't despair! Sometime i can loose a lot of valuable time doing some rendering just to show the state of the work done.

The way i work make it sometime a little difficult to release images because i often need to do a complete new setup just for that.

And also i hate to upload stuff that are not completed to the level i want them to be.

Thing are getting along very nicely and i am now pretty comfortable with statemachines controller they give us way of controlling the animation the way we want.

All i can say is that U-BOAT HAHD immersion factor will raised the bar very high.

Best regards Hans

Hans Witteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-11, 01:04 AM   #1671
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfstriked View Post
Great stuff! Why do I love the TypeII family so....I think I realized it last night.I love to do one patrol per night and the lack of Torpedoes makes this happen.When I play with the larger subs I find I start getting homesick and feel claustrophobic since I play with no external views.And I love to actually leave port and dock upon return.If I ever move up to a IX I think I wont be able to take it.

Makman,just to verify,will you release the TypeII as a family of subs or will we wait for the IID?Either way......take as much time as you guys need.
Hi mate,

Yep typ IID will be included in all it glory.
And the fun when going in typIIA is exactly the low number of fish i just love it, every single one of them count and a dud in typIIA almost give me a hearth attack each time i fired them.

Upon release U-BOAT HAHD will hold competition based on best tonnage accomplish and there will be very nice prize to be win in contest not in money but something like personal customization of the game aka 3d models that you wish to see in or a skin of your own choice or even yourself as a 3d kaleun in menu loading screen and i am open to others prize ideas so feel free to mention them.

Best regards Hans

Old 07-05-11, 01:11 AM   #1672
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by urfisch View Post
nice news! thanks a lot!

by the way, hans. we are dealing with quite a revolutionary project. "ai wolfpacks". maybe you can help? maybe not. decide on yourself and take a look into this threat:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=174225

Hi mate,

Nice to see the wolfpacks starting to take shape but for the moment i got my hand full with current work so i won't touch this for awhile.

Best regards Hans

Old 07-05-11, 02:23 AM   #1673
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Quote:
All i can say is that U-BOAT HAHD immersion factor will raised the bar very high.

Best regards Hans

You know what they say about waiting

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-11, 11:50 AM   #1674
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Yep its a small boat but had its charm for sure.And the IID in all its glory is great news too!! Take your time and work the magic.
Old 07-06-11, 01:09 PM   #1675
reaper7
sim2reality

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 30

Quote:
Hi mate,

Yep typ IID will be included in all it glory.
And the fun when going in typIIA is exactly the low number of fish i just love it, every single one of them count and a dud in typIIA almost give me a hearth attack each time i fired them.

Upon release U-BOAT HAHD will hold competition based on best tonnage accomplish and there will be very nice prize to be win in contest not in money but something like personal customization of the game aka 3d models that you wish to see in or a skin of your own choice or even yourself as a 3d kaleun in menu loading screen and i am open to others prize ideas so feel free to mention them.

Best regards Hans
Nice one Mate, I've got another U-Boot-Hahd Mug that I can offer up as a prize too (Unused of course)

reaper7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 01:49 PM   #1676
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Reaper,used by a member of the HAHD team only adds to the nostalgia.
Old 07-06-11, 02:31 PM   #1677
Myxale
Admiral

Downloads: 70

Quite nifty!

And, yeah, I agree! Have every member of the Team drink from it at least once, and this will be an epic item!

Myxale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 06:45 PM   #1678
Hans Witteman
Kaleun of U-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
Nice one Mate, I've got another U-Boot-Hahd Mug that I can offer up as a prize too (Unused of course)

Hi mate,

Excellent idea but like shipmates are saying below drink in it and send it via FedEx to each team members so they can drink in it and after a thousand years that mug will be worth millions or trillions
Edit: This mug must be used when working countless hours on the U-BOAT HAHD mod eh eh

Best regards Hans

Old 07-06-11, 07:03 PM   #1679
Schwieger
Commodore

Downloads: 62

Ah, a rare collectible.

Too bad none of us will be around to witness it

Support U-Boot_HAHD: Install Dropbox Click Here & Increase The Teams Dropbox space and get 2.25GB of free online Storage space for yourself.
Schwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-11, 07:05 PM   #1680
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

What would suffice is for the devs to put on lipstick and each leave a lasting impression before it is sent off to the winner.