Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 09:42 PM   #1637
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The US number of reported cases just blew past Spain, Germany, and Iran. Well, Iran doesn't count, their numbers are probably bogus.

By Friday the US will pass China and be #1 in the world for reported COVID-19 cases.
Rightnow I cannot even imagine that the US already has caught up with its delayed start of testing. Not this fast. Means: I expect the dark numbers to be even higher, relatively, than in countries where they did better with that. Dont test don't count as a policy does fix nothing, only allows the enemy to stay hidden for longer.
Cape Caneveral, take over. We have a rocket to launch.
Old 03-21-20, 09:57 PM   #1638
Mr Quatro
Navy Seal

Downloads: 0

Does anyone need this?

or achievement

Lord help me get to the next plateau ..

Mr Quatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 10:04 PM   #1639
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171

I didn't see any mention of sex in your list!

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 10:21 PM   #1640
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

that's because Yanks seldom do it at home!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 01:47 AM   #1641
vienna
Navy Seal

Downloads: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
The US number of reported cases just blew past Spain, Germany, and Iran. Well, Iran doesn't count, their numbers are probably bogus.

By Friday the US will pass China and be #1 in the world for reported COVID-19 cases.

Next face palm for Dr. Fauci: When Trump announces, "Once again, the US is #1! MAGA!"...

<O>
Old 03-22-20, 03:18 AM   #1642
Eichhörnchen
Starte das Auto

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEED View Post
Looks like without question we are now on the up curb.
Have you got a link to the story about UK troops? I can't find this story...
Old 03-22-20, 04:51 AM   #1643
vienna
Navy Seal

A bit of perspective:

COVID-19 Cases per Million Inhabitants: A Comparison

https://www.statista.com/chart/21176...t-total-cases/

Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – Statistics and Research --

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

Sorry about the size of the graph; it doesn't scale down well...

I'm gonna say something here that will probably make some people a bit upset (like I've never done that before), but there was a theory put forth by the Chinese authorities that the virus may have been brought into Wuhan by athletes competing in the "Military World Games" in October, 2019. Now, the theory, when first put out, laid the blame on US athletes, but I think a part of that stance is due to the strained relations between the US and China, and I think a very large part of the stance is due to China wanting to strike back at Trump's very loud and very public bellowing. I don't agree the US may have responsible, but, at the same time, I find it very interesting Italy, Switzerland, Spain, Germany, and France all have very high case rates and all of them also had relatively large contingents at the Games and I find it interesting the very largest cluster of cases is in Europe and specifically in the cluster of nations I listed above; the cases per million for China, a nation known for dense populations and, therefore, logically presumed to be highly susceptible to a very heavy outbreak of cases, is markedly low compared to the European states; now I know what some will say, "China is lying about its figures", but, really, China would have to revise its claimed case by tenfold just to be near Italy's cases per million; is it not possible the virus did originate outside of China and was carried in by athletes at the Games? China 'found' the virus first and responded with draconian measures, lowering the spread. But look at Europe: the rates are amazingly high, indicating perhaps, Ground Zero of the infection's inception was not Wuhan, but based on the cases/million and the highly aggressive growth in Europe that the source was, indeed, Europe and, in particular, Italy. What I'm saying is this: if you strip away the politics and 'us vs them' of international politics and look at the stats on the case distribution, Wuhan does not really seem to be where I would look for the original flashpoint...

Told you I'd upset some people...

Discuss amongst yourselves...

<O>
Old 03-22-20, 06:07 AM   #1644
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

No, that makes not much sense, vienna. The real reason is porbbaly much more easier: testing intensity varies alrgely from place to place. Until three or four days ago the US had tested as many people sinc eJanuary thanSouth Korea tests in a whole day. In other countries they test differently, here i germany due to lacking test tubes and limited laboratory capacity they only test people diagnosed by the symptoms for Corona if thes epeople have had confirmed contatc to other confirmed Coronistas, or havw returned recently from a region confirmed to be a Coronaric hihg risk region. In other words, the counts vary due to huge differences ij how the conting is done. China'S statistics also are bollocks, no way I beleive that they have no under contrl and almost no moe new cases, that simply is not possible, and also they have chnaged the way they count twice, for which thy got Flak because it messed up the statistcs models additionally.

The US messed up royally ion testing and now is completely clueless on its own national numbers, becasue the numbers they give necessarily are only a tiny fractitn of real cases. Thats why I expect the number sfor the US gojg throug the ceiling any time soon (if they do not get covered up).

Also not forget that different regions had diferent points of time when they entered the action. The curve showing case numbers versus number of days, more or less is the same, but they are shifted on the time axis, siome start earlier than others. The numbers you gave do not reflect that.
Old 03-22-20, 06:31 AM   #1645
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by vienna View Post
I'm gonna say something here that will probably make some people a bit upset (like I've never done that before), but there was a theory put forth by the Chinese authorities that the virus may have been brought into Wuhan by athletes competing in the "Military World Games" in October, 2019.
Hmmph. That's utter nonsense.

The truth is that the Wu Flu (correct scientific term) was created in a secret lab in the White House basement by D.J.Trump and M.R. Pence, noted mad science deniers. It was then transported to China by ex KKK members disguised as female Italian tourists. Now the question that I know everybody is asking is ...why didn't Trump and Pence contract the virus themselves. The answer of course is that Trump and Pence are not actually humans but synthetic beings created by the Koch brothers and Sean Hannity.

The truth will eventually be known when reporters from Buzzfeed and the Huffington Post stop chasing Russian collusion theories and get on this case. There is a problem though, a new sensational theory being exposed by Rachael Maddow. The synth Pence actually contains a doomsday device.

God help us all.

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 06:48 AM   #1646
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Quatro View Post
I just spoke with a friend who got called into an emergency meeting at his hospital. He said the virus is spreading quickly from gas pumps. He said to wear gloves or have a paper towel touch the pump and throw the napkin or gloves out before you get back in the car. Please tell everyone you know. Shopping carts as well, wipe them down
Sound advice, I'm off to the petrol station in a couple of hours but thankfully I have a large bottle of sanitiser in the car.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 06:51 AM   #1647
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

The Italian region of Lombardy has introduced stricter measures in a bid to tackle the spread of coronavirus.

Under the new rules announced late on Saturday, sport and physical activity outside, even individually, is banned. Using vending machines is forbidden.

The move comes as Italy reported nearly 800 coronavirus deaths on Saturday and saw its toll for the past month reach 4,825, the highest in the world.

Lombardy is the worst-affected region in the country with 3,095 deaths.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51991972

Old 03-22-20, 06:56 AM   #1648
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Boris Johnson in Mother's Day warning amid concern for NHS

As families prepare to celebrate Mother's Day on Sunday, Mr Johnson said the best single present for mothers was to stay away.

It comes after the government this week told all restaurants, cafes and pubs - as well as some other public spaces like gyms and cinemas - to close.

"This time, the best thing is to ring her, video call her, Skype her, but to avoid any unnecessary physical contact or proximity," the PM said.

"And why? Because if your mother is elderly or vulnerable, then I am afraid all the statistics show that she is much more likely to die from coronavirus, or Covid-19. We cannot disguise or sugar-coat the threat."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51991887

Old 03-22-20, 07:12 AM   #1649
u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
[B]
"This time, the best thing is to ring her, video call her, Skype her, but to avoid any unnecessary physical contact or proximity," the PM said.

"And why? Because if your mother is elderly or vulnerable, then I am afraid all the statistics show that she is much more likely to die from coronavirus, or Covid-19. We cannot disguise or sugar-coat the threat."
That seems like very good advice. I wonder how many people will ignore it?

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-20, 08:12 AM   #1650
vienna
Navy Seal

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Hmmph. That's utter nonsense.

The truth is that the Wu Flu (correct scientific term) was created in a secret lab in the White House basement by D.J.Trump and M.R. Pence, noted mad science deniers. It was then transported to China by ex KKK members disguised as female Italian tourists. Now the question that I know everybody is asking is ...why didn't Trump and Pence contract the virus themselves. The answer of course is that Trump and Pence are not actually humans but synthetic beings created by the Koch brothers and Sean Hannity.

The truth will eventually be known when reporters from Buzzfeed and the Huffington Post stop chasing Russian collusion theories and get on this case. There is a problem though, a new sensational theory being exposed by Rachael Maddow. The synth Pence actually contains a doomsday device.

God help us all.

Oh, jeez, you weren't supposed to know that! Quick find shelter before the Trumpstaffel find you and haul you off for the dreaded "Hannity Rehabilitation Process"! Run as far and fast as your Canuck legs will take you...

...just don't run toward our border... you know, ...nonessential and all that...

<O>

Tags
apocalypse, china, coronavirus, covid-19, flu, masks, plague, preppers, virus, vitamine d, wuhan