SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-16-10, 04:40 AM   #151
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default 3d software

i am using Milkshape as i prefer the old style of 3d modelling. could never get used to 3ds.

Ps i`ve got the German Type 205 Submarine MOD and I am actually working on the Type XXX-E Submarine , a projected german high speed submarine from 1945.
Old 08-16-10, 02:55 PM   #152
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253
Uploads: 0

Found a 3d model of an Astute. Costs 5 euros. Here`s the link.
http://www.fallingpixel.com/astute-c...-3d-model/2242

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-10, 03:55 PM   #153
iowa101
Commodore

Downloads: 199

thats a decent model for that much money. cant get it yet tho, im working on laying out my destroyer but it's hard with out plan of the design

"A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace."
iowa101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-10, 03:56 PM   #154
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Astute Class

Took a look at the ship. Doesnt seem hard to model.Easy shape. Maybe I´ll build one. Will keep you informed.CU

PS the 5 Euro model does not look very nice. not even the propeller layout seems right. Although, the Polygon-number is not really impressive.

Hey, Iowa, as your´re enjoying surface vessels : I will upload my Sovremenny-Class Guided Missile Destroyer soon.
Old 08-16-10, 04:10 PM   #155
iowa101
Commodore

Downloads: 199

oh ty mate that's appreciated alot, im currently trying to model a daring, any help would be great im using delftship, it was something peabody sent me flying towards, it really amazing.

cant wait for the ship by the way, and good luck with the sub.

"A good Navy is not a provocation to war. It is the surest guaranty of peace."
iowa101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 05:13 AM   #156
EzioAuditore
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
Hello!This Is my new Yankee SSBN, equipped with extensionable radar, 8 Anti-Ship Missiles, 8 unguided land-attack missiles, 8 launchers, 6 Torpedotubes , 16 Mk16 Torpedos, Single-mission and Career-playable.

Link: http://yourfiles.to/?d=A6FD97D720
how do i extend radar? i tried shift+x and says snorkel not avaible
EzioAuditore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-10, 09:02 AM   #157
EzioAuditore
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 139

nvm i got it now

The big E
EzioAuditore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 10:50 PM   #158
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default New Akula Class SSN

Some Pics of my new Projekt 971 Akula SSN. Download link below.Still beta, but career- and single-playable, extensible radars, 8 tubes, 40 torpedoes. max depth 600m, 13 knots surfaced, 42 submerged. my new record in building a new sub from scratch. took me only 20 hours!

LINK: http://yourfiles.to/?d=C6BA32852
Old 08-21-10, 10:53 PM   #159
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 175
Uploads: 16

Nice, gonna check this one out and compare it to the one I built. 20 hours is good time for a scratch build too.

I've been working on your Nautilus, cleaning up files and starting on the damage zones. You can put out a pretty good product.

USS Kentucky SSBN 737 (G)
Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Yes I was really on a submarine.
ETR3(SS) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-10, 10:56 PM   #160
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default LOL

Thanks! Some quick answer this time!
Old 08-21-10, 11:01 PM   #161
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Haven´t done much with the Nautilus.will stretch the hull and do some details. The Victor I and III are almost ready, adn so are the Delta III and a new Typhoon.I´ve spent some time with new surface ships, got an Sovremenny AI and human playable and SU-33 Flankers ingame.

Almost forgot it: I also started working on an all-MOD implementation of my submarines and managed to make them work together.I am setting up several fleets at Murmansk: 1.attack submarines, starting with the Zulu and Whiskey and later being refitted with SSN`s. 2.SSG`s and SSGN`s, starting with Whiskey long bin and Juliett ,than EchoI, EchoII and so on... 3.SSB`s and SSBN`s, beginning with the ZULU AW, than Golf and Hotel... At the Moment , there are at least 3 Subs in every Fleet. I will make the Soviet side German. If we find someone who is skilled in making a campaign, we got our MOD.
Old 08-22-10, 11:22 AM   #162
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhapprich View Post
Haven´t done much with the Nautilus.will stretch the hull and do some details. The Victor I and III are almost ready, adn so are the Delta III and a new Typhoon.I´ve spent some time with new surface ships, got an Sovremenny AI and human playable and SU-33 Flankers ingame.

Almost forgot it: I also started working on an all-MOD implementation of my submarines and managed to make them work together.I am setting up several fleets at Murmansk: 1.attack submarines, starting with the Zulu and Whiskey and later being refitted with SSN`s. 2.SSG`s and SSGN`s, starting with Whiskey long bin and Juliett ,than EchoI, EchoII and so on... 3.SSB`s and SSBN`s, beginning with the ZULU AW, than Golf and Hotel... At the Moment , there are at least 3 Subs in every Fleet. I will make the Soviet side German. If we find someone who is skilled in making a campaign, we got our MOD.
Looks like you need to stretch the Nautilus by about 2.8 meters and reduce the beam by 3.1 meters. I may even be able to do that. Looking forward to your next release. I plan on taking the existing Permit hull model and extending it out to make a Sturgeon as well.

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 08-22-10, 01:22 PM   #163
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Nautilus

You could get an impression of the right specs with my seawolf. I used the Nautilus as the base for it and reshaped the hull. Do you have an idea how to cut round holes into an existing model to built more accurate external torpedo doors without placing every vertex yourself? russian subs almost always have round hatches. I used "spherify" with Milkshape on the Akula, but the result could be better. any idea?

Do you know of any progress with the George Washington? I think I will built a Lafayette after the Astute.
Old 08-22-10, 02:56 PM   #164
ETR3(SS)
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
You could get an impression of the right specs with my seawolf. I used the Nautilus as the base for it and reshaped the hull.
I have 3DS set up for the same scale that SH4 uses so I can get a good measurement. Using that I take the real life measurements and can get spot on dimensions.

Quote:
Do you have an idea how to cut round holes into an existing model to built more accurate external torpedo doors without placing every vertex yourself? russian subs almost always have round hatches. I used "spherify" with Milkshape on the Akula, but the result could be better. any idea?
Unfortunately I have no knowledge of how to do that. There are a few shapes I would like to cut into the sail for masts and antennas.

Quote:
Do you know of any progress with the George Washington? I think I will built a Lafayette after the Astute.
Haven't heard anything about the GW since Karle94's post. What does your work list look like your projects?

Comms Div 2003-2006
Qualified 19 November 03

Old 08-22-10, 03:23 PM   #165
jhapprich
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

cutting shapes into the sail etc. is no problem, the problem is cutting round holes into spheric objects. I do not have a specific list, i work on multiple projects simultaniously. I think, i will finish the victor and sovremenny next.

Last edited by jhapprich; 08-24-10 at 03:59 PM.

Tags
modern, submarine