SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-09-11, 09:41 PM   #1621
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 87
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
Opps sorry for the confusion, i did not mean far away,

the problem is visible on close ships, any range where you can clearly see the details of the ship. Much more easily noticed when looking at close range ship with binoculars.

Nothing has changed in my graphics options/video setup from the transition from MO to Sobers set up.

intel q9300 quad core 2.5ghz

geforce 260 896mb

6GB DDR2 ram

All game settings maxxed, except FSAA, which is off.
Actually I get this too! Always thought it was just my system... I'll try and get some screens.
0rpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 05:31 AM   #1622
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Very tempted, I just didn't want to possibly exceed my download limit if there was a new version around the corner, maybe a long way off yet but it would be typical my luck for me to download it then a new version is announced!
Edit:
Cripes it's only 250mb, thought it would be GWX size!!
For sure there is a 'full' version coming but as it takes some more time to get it ready for release I still think you should try it out.
I mean with the NewUIs_TDC applied as well.
/

Last edited by Silent Steel; 08-10-11 at 11:55 AM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-11, 10:53 AM   #1623
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Well I had a go at getting some screens of the flashy black texture problem, and it's actually quite difficult - the screens don't catch the flashing very well. Here's the best ones I could get:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55...6F42C35C54F48/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55...31AE9B7F0177A/
You can kinda see it on the striped bow of the ship... you can see what look like shadow triangles.. but it's not very clear. The bow, the launcher things in the middle of the ship, the porthole on the side of the DD all flash black at quite high speed... you can kinda see a tiny black tear on the porthole too.

I'm not sure if it's the shadows causing it or the textures. Sometimes the effect is very visible on terrain if you use the free camera and move it quite far away from the sub, ships too. I might have a look and see if I can get a terrain grab of it when I come into port later.
Old 08-10-11, 12:04 PM   #1624
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0rpheus View Post
Well I had a go at getting some screens of the flashy black texture problem, and it's actually quite difficult - the screens don't catch the flashing very well. Here's the best ones I could get:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55...6F42C35C54F48/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55...31AE9B7F0177A/
You can kinda see it on the striped bow of the ship... you can see what look like shadow triangles.. but it's not very clear. The bow, the launcher things in the middle of the ship, the porthole on the side of the DD all flash black at quite high speed... you can kinda see a tiny black tear on the porthole too.

I'm not sure if it's the shadows causing it or the textures. Sometimes the effect is very visible on terrain if you use the free camera and move it quite far away from the sub, ships too. I might have a look and see if I can get a terrain grab of it when I come into port later.
Hi Orpheus
Could you please tell me about;
- Your GPU, it's driver version and RAM.
- Graphics settings in the Main Menu in the game.
- If you're running a GeForce GPU - are you running nHancer?
- Do you run any shadow improvement mod?

/Regards
Old 08-10-11, 12:11 PM   #1625
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
Hi Orpheus
Could you please tell me about;
- Your GPU, it's driver version and RAM.
- Graphics settings in the Main Menu in the game.
- If you're running a GeForce Card - are you running nHancer?
- Do you run any shadow improvement mod?

/Regards
Sure:

ATI 5770 1gb x2 in Crossfire, though I run a single card for SH5. Catalyst is 11.5.

Here's a screen of my in-game settings: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55...858CF3D9D6401/

No nHancer, but I do run ShadowImprovementLR as the heavier version in MO kills my fps a bit.
Old 08-10-11, 12:19 PM   #1626
tonschk
Admiral

Downloads: 172

Quote:
Sure:

ATI 5770 1gb x2 in Crossfire, though I run a single card for SH5. Catalyst is 11.5.

Here's a screen of my in-game settings: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/55...858CF3D9D6401/

No nHancer, but I do run ShadowImprovementLR as the heavier version in MO kills my fps a bit.
The size of the monitor also affect the FPS , the bigger the monitor the lower FPS
Old 08-10-11, 12:25 PM   #1627
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
The size of the monitor also affect the FPS , the bigger the monitor the lower FPS
I know. I get a stable 50+ with my current settings. I forget exactly what happened with the heavier improvements, bit more stutter I think, either way it was enough to make me downgrade.
Old 08-11-11, 12:53 AM   #1628
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonschk View Post
I run an ATI GPU as well and I found that the Catalyst/CCC was messing with my SH5 performance.

Make a fresh driver install but don/t install the CCC, just the driver. The 11.7 runs fine on my system.
Make sure you first uninstall your current driver properly.

Go here for intsructions on how to do it;
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/737-20870HowtoInstallYourATIProduct.aspx#header3
Make sure you choose the proper Article - Article GPU-33/Win7, Article GPU-1/Vista, Article GPU-2/XP

I run a 27" display + the d3d Antilag and haven't had any FPS losses. These are my d3d settings;
RenderAheadLimit=3
FPSlimit=38

And my Main Menu settings;

Turn the Vertical Sync on.

Runs brilliantly.
I suggest you try it.

Regards

Last edited by Silent Steel; 08-11-11 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-11-11, 09:48 AM   #1629
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

I'm not sure that it's a driver issue as I've never seen anything like it in other games, though I'll try tweaking some Catalyst settings maybe over the next few days. If mobucks is also running ATI then maybe it is.. but I'm going to wait until 11.8 is released before I go through the hassle of updating again. Also I didn't realise you could install the drivers without the catalyst software... how would you control your cards without it?

It looks like the shadow settings are going bonkers.. other than that I don't know how to describe it, sharp edges like bow, some hull plates, portholes, textures on DC launchers all flash black very fast.

On a possibly unrelated note, looking at your gfx settings Silent I'm surprised to see the particles so high.. they slow my system down something terrible! Though I've just remembered someone here mentioning that having particles off could cause little gfx glitches, maybe it's that?
Old 08-11-11, 10:26 AM   #1630
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Quote:
I'm not sure that it's a driver issue as I've never seen anything like it in other games, though I'll try tweaking some Catalyst settings maybe over the next few days. If mobucks is also running ATI then maybe it is.. but I'm going to wait until 11.8 is released before I go through the hassle of updating again. Also I didn't realise you could install the drivers without the catalyst software... how would you control your cards without it?

It looks like the shadow settings are going bonkers.. other than that I don't know how to describe it, sharp edges like bow, some hull plates, portholes, textures on DC launchers all flash black very fast.

On a possibly unrelated note, looking at your gfx settings Silent I'm surprised to see the particles so high.. they slow my system down something terrible! Though I've just remembered someone here mentioning that having particles off could cause little gfx glitches, maybe it's that?

If you go to http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GraphicsDriverInstallationInstructionforMicrosoftW indows7.aspx, you'll find various download options. With CCC or just the driver.
Download and save the driver (not the pack with the CCC and the rest of what I would call crap) and go through the uninstall, follow the instructions and make sure there are no ATI icons left in the Controlpanel\Programs and functions after uninstall.
Sometimes the CCC is a bit persistent and uninstall just won't take all the ATI icons away, if so download the CCleaner ; http://download.cnet.com/ccleaner/ and let it sweep them out from your system.
I guess you'll gain very little by waiting for the 11.8. The 11.7 runs fine.
And you say '...how would you control your cards without it?' - The CCC just gives you some options to set some values but this far I've only seen this causing conflicts with ingame settings.
Even for other sims as well, not only SH5.
The Windows graphics settings are just enough.
I suggest you try it. I'm quite confident you'll see what I've seen.
Old 08-11-11, 10:30 AM   #1631
0rpheus
Grey Wolf

Ok I'll have a look, if I can't fix it then I'll look at new drivers. Will wait to hear if mobucks also runs ATI as that will be a factor no doubt!
Old 08-12-11, 06:32 AM   #1632
Deep Six
Ensign

Downloads: 104

The Darkwraith, what a fanstastic piece of modding you have here, this and OH has brought renewed intrest in SH5...

But I have a request, I read in the notes to patch v2 that you have implemented through the messaging interface, ships can now report sighted periscopes....Can this be toned down/turned off. I ask because its almost "spamming the gui" with this type of message. I would estimate on my first real patrol to the UK eastern coastal waters, that 60% of the messages where of the type "Periscope sighted....Blah...Blah" I was constantly opening the message recived interface to delete these entries.

Another option, if doable is to put this type of message inside the right hand side message log..So rather then seeing a "Message recived" text when then in turn you have to open the message box proper, only to find its a "Periscope sighted message"..You actually get the message in its proper format in the log box...Anyways congratulations ona magnificent put together mega mod.

Cheers

Deep Six
Old 08-12-11, 06:41 AM   #1633
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Look in CNewUIs_TDC_6_7_0_ByTheDarkWraith\data\Scripts\Men u\TheDarkWraithUserOptions.py
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 05:38 AM   #1634
Sartoris
Captain

Downloads: 106

When I extract the contents of the patch into my MOD folder there are 6 subfolders: Antlag, Maps, MODS, nVidia missing lights, Shadows, Text.

Can I activate them all at once (as a folder called patch2) using JSGME or do I have to activate them individually?
Sartoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-11, 05:59 AM   #1635
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

see here http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...9&postcount=27