Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-19-11, 08:44 PM   #136
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke1902 View Post
I don't understand why anyone who buys the game doesn't use the crack. Doesn't make sense to me. I bought it and I use the crack because the DRM is bull****.
Bye
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-11, 09:03 PM   #137
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke1901 View Post
Hi, also its not piracy if you buy it first. I buy all my games so don't assume I'm advocating anything. This DRM is a punishment to honest customers.
It is as far as the rules are concerned. Plus, we don't like duplicate accounts.

The Management
Takeda Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-11, 06:50 AM   #138
Don_D_Dwain
Seaman

Downloads: 9
Default I am Happy now.

If this is true, since I have gone back to SH4, (and enjoying it) then I will now consider the purchase of Future Ubisoft products again. I mean, I had decided not to purchase any future projects by Ubisoft again, based on the online requirement for a game that I really like, but can only play when I am home. At work, when we are at a post (we travel in short distances, a frequent intervals) to places where I can take a laptop, but the signals are sometimes at best very slow or distant. So for me, the decision was made, although not an easy one since I like Ubisoft, and the products in the silent hunter series. This does re-open my interest in any future Silent Hunter projects. Thank you Ubisoft for being Reasonable.
Don_D_Dwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 12:06 AM   #139
danielTosh
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 29

Zeke brings up a good point, definitely the best one in this thread.
danielTosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 12:20 AM   #140
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Read the rules. Definitely the best thing you can do if you want to be around here long.
Old 01-24-11, 09:20 AM   #141
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielTosh View Post
Zeke brings up a good point, definitely the best one in this thread.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-11, 10:09 AM   #142
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

Zeke and the Zekes (and Toshes) bring up just about the worst point in the thread. Now let's get back on topic.

The Management
Old 01-24-11, 10:39 AM   #143
Bilge_Rat
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 344

I dont see why this is still a big issue, you only have to log in to start the game and you can then play offline.

"Rise of Flight" has a similar sytem where you have to log in to start the game and get updates. You can play totally offline, but some game modes are only available when you log in. Yet on the SIMHQ ROF forum, the fact that you need an internet connection is a total non-issue for 99% of ROF players.
Old 01-26-11, 10:00 PM   #144
Grifty_mcgrift
Watch

Downloads: 73

Hello Subsimmers,

I just needed some advice. I've been debating over and over in my head whether or not to pick up SH5. While I was disappointed with all the problems people were reporting when it was released, seeing all the amazing work the modders have done, my interest has really been peaked. But I, like many others, was really put off by the DRM.

So I guess my question is: Is the change in the DRM good enough? I'd just like to get some opinions from others who have been against the DRM. Part of me thinks only connecting at startup is ok, but another part of me thinks it still isn't good enough. That I don't want to have to ask permission from Ubisoft every time I play. So to anyone out there, do you think the new system is acceptable? Thanks everyone. And a huge thank you to the modders. If and when I pick up SH5, I can't wait to see all the work you have put in first hand!
Grifty_mcgrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 10:27 PM   #145
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifty_mcgrift View Post
Hello Subsimmers,

I just needed some advice. I've been debating over and over in my head whether or not to pick up SH5. While I was disappointed with all the problems people were reporting when it was released, seeing all the amazing work the modders have done, my interest has really been peaked. But I, like many others, was really put off by the DRM.

So I guess my question is: Is the change in the DRM good enough? I'd just like to get some opinions from others who have been against the DRM. Part of me thinks only connecting at startup is ok, but another part of me thinks it still isn't good enough. That I don't want to have to ask permission from Ubisoft every time I play. So to anyone out there, do you think the new system is acceptable? Thanks everyone. And a huge thank you to the modders. If and when I pick up SH5, I can't wait to see all the work you have put in first hand!
Having a high end computer to run the game at full graphics would be way more important than having to login .
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-11, 10:48 PM   #146
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilge_Rat View Post
I dont see why this is still a big issue, you only have to log in to start the game and you can then play offline.
There should be an offline mode similar to steams, because sometimes, an internet connection is not available. Besides, if you have a connection, why would you login, start the game, and then with the game running, logout?
That doesn't make any sense.

The whole crux of the issue is being able to play the game you bought, anytime you want, without interruption.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 01:14 AM   #147
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifty_mcgrift View Post
First, WELCOME ABOARD!

Not to be overly harsh, but if you had read the thread you would already have your answer. Those who weren't bothered by DRM in the first place certainly don't care. Those who didn't like being logged in all the time are happy that they only have to log in to play the game, and those of us who stand against it on principle will continue to do so.

The only question is, which one are you? Obviously not one who finds it not to be a problem, or you'd have been playing it already. Are you against it because of connection problems, or because being logged in all the time is a hassle? Then you should get it, because this change definitely makes it easier.

On the other hand, if you find it to be an unwarranted intrusion into your personal life, and think that having to ask permission is not only bothersome but downright evil, then you'll refuse to have anything to do with it.

But no one else can tell you how you really feel, or what you should really do. The only one who can give you that answer is yourself.
Old 01-27-11, 07:09 AM   #148
czarnaszabla
Watch

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
It is as far as the rules are concerned. Plus, we don't like duplicate accounts.

The Management

wait... so if i use .iso cd images and cracks for games i own, because my netbook doesn't have a cd-drive and won't let me run them otherwise - is that piracy?

Also - as funny as that sounds, hacks are not always a bad thing (think psp, when sony practically castrated their own console for the sake of fighting piracy, when a modded one could run at 3x the eficiency and 5x the capabilities of a normal psp - cracking the sony certificates was the best thing to happen to legit psp users since it's release).

Piracy isn't reliable as to find out if a game is overpriced but good, or if people just want it for free anyway. But Buying a legit game and THEN using a crack i think clearly gets across the message that the game is worth a purchase, but the DRM is bullcrap.
czarnaszabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-11, 10:09 AM   #149
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

It doesn't matter. The rules are simple - we don't discuss hacks or cracks here. Period.

Quote:
SUBSIM Review has a longstanding policy against software piracy.

We do NOT allow discussion or even mention of warez, abandonware, peer-to-peer game swapping, game cracks, illegal download sites, or illegal file-sharing. Nothing will get you banned faster than pointing people to illegal software distribution sites. Don't ask for serial numbers, manuals, or cracks. Any admission that you have in your possession illegal software can and usually will result in revocation of your Radio Room forum account and permanent ban. We do not care what you do on your computer in your home, but do not discuss it here. Support computer game programmers buy legally purchasing their work. They have to eat too, you know.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/faq....ules2_faq_item

Also not allowed is arguing about that rule more than once. If you can't live with that, you won't live here for long.
Old 01-27-11, 11:37 AM   #150
Takeda Shingen
Navy Seal

What Steve said. And the rules aren't new either.