Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-22, 06:54 AM   #4
Tracer
Swabbie

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Well, at least Steam version currently works off-line so non-functioning Ubisoft server shouldn't be a problem for existing installations. I recall having to create Ubisoft account with first installation of the game though so it might be a problem for new players (unless Steam/Ubi does something so that Ubisoft account is no longer required - I mean, the game is still being sold by Steam, it would be a bad PR for Steam to sell people a game they can't install).

As for DLC's, are there any DLC's for this game even? I thought Ubisoft just patched it to 1.2 and then fled the scene.

Well steam is nothing but a storefront. If UBI make changes to the license, then it applies to all fronts. The DLC will be negated on steam’s end. Everything sold on steam requires agreement to a 3rd party license or DRM
In one form or another and needs the platform installed to play it.
What will happen is that you will launch steam -as you do to update other games and play blah,blah. Then you will see a “required update” for SH5 - you used to many years ago, not allow a game to be updated on steam, but that right was withdrawn years ago. Now it’s obligatory to all games even offline. If there’s a forced update you have to install it to play the game.

There’s already a post on the steam SH5 forum and it applies to it.