Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-24-20, 03:59 AM   #1
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
Hi Jimbuna, if you see my previous two comments here, you can see that I have given up with SH5 after spending too many hours installing it only to find that the TWoS has all sorts of bugs in it making it unplayable.

I used to play SH3 years ago. Is the GWX mod buggy also? I am just so frustrated right now with all this that I just don't see myself wanting to risk going down another dead-end.

I really need the honest advice of an experienced sub simmer here.
I try not to use the word 'buggy' because their are often underlying reasons why peoples installations fail to work as intended (usually additional minor mods).

I think you'll find GWX relatively trouble free and I'm currently running it with almost twenty small mods added in.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-20, 08:54 AM   #2
bigbear
Watch

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I try not to use the word 'buggy' because their are often underlying reasons why peoples installations fail to work as intended (usually additional minor mods).

I think you'll find GWX relatively trouble free and I'm currently running it with almost twenty small mods added in.
Thanks for your suggestion about GWX, Jimbuna. I kind of dread spending the hours trying to apply GWX to SH3 and encountering the same problems as those encountered with SH5 and TWoS, so I hope the TWoS can be fixed soon. But again, I still have no idea whether SH3 or SH5 is better.

I posted the problems about the SH5 expansion mod on the download thread for it. I don't know if it is still being supported so I am curious to see if the person/people behind it respond. SH5 with TWoS looked like what I wanted. I am not optimistic about any help getting it working which is a real pity.

As for whether the TWoS is "buggy" or not, I should point out that the problems I encounter are based on the TWoS mod applied BEFORE any of the mods are applied in the JSGME. So whether it is a bug in TWoS or some internal incompatibility with the Uplay SH3 version, the result is that it makes the TWoS mod unusable.
bigbear is offline   Reply With Quote