SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-23-17, 03:01 PM   #1
longface
Watch

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipkiller1 View Post
Now I have put out a bunch of info on reloading (tube loading) and shipping (loading onto the boat). This was to clear up many preconceived notions that have been floating around.

I personally do not mind that it takes 30 secs or 1 min to reload the tube. It makes the game play go that much faster and more enjoyable. Its not a bad balance.

If I was asked I could only fix two things in the game, it would be keep the torpedo's from acquiring on sunken ships/submarines and have heartier wires... Fixing these two issues would make the the game more realistic and would make for a better game. Everything else is just minutia...

Even if these two are not fixed, it just makes me work a little harder.
The steam page says that for the v1.06 beta, wreck homing will be temporarily disabled while the devs tweak it just a bit. You might be happy about that.
longface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-17, 07:29 PM   #2
caine007
A-ganger

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by longface View Post
The steam page says that for the v1.06 beta, wreck homing will be temporarily disabled while the devs tweak it just a bit. You might be happy about that.
I kind of like it as a gameplay feature but it needs some tuning.

I've used sinking ships as cover in the past (even if I'm guessing in RL a sub would be staying the hell away from a sinking - potentially explosive wreck) and I've thought it might be cool to use a sunken ship as a hiding place to cover my noise (though I don't think it actually does).

But far more often I've had torpedoes become ridiculously attracted to some wreck significantly off their course, so fixing that would probably be a better idea.
caine007 is offline   Reply With Quote