SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-14-12, 07:25 PM   #1
billthebard
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 0
Default Digging around in the Warship Mod

Hey all, my first post here on Subsim.com, and I've been digging into Chinese-47's Warship mod. Like some of you, I've had the infamous 'missing turrets' problem, so I decided to dig a little deeper, see if I could find the problem. To that end, I set up 2 copies of SH3 - one with GWX installed, one without, both versions with no mods other than the Warship mod - and gave them both a run.

1/ The missing turrets - this ONLY occurred when GWX was installed, NOT with the vanilla game, I got a message that the torpedoes were destroyed when the savegame was loading, and ended up with no turrets.

2/ The corollary to the above - with the vanilla game, I couldn't load a savegame made during a patrol - it crashed at the same point as the GWX version deleted the torpedoes/turrets - when the INITIALIZING message is ending. I had to load a before/after patrol savegame instead.

3/ The sound of the ship's engines is REALLY loud! I guess it's the normal engine sound, but due to the greater speed being reached it's all speeded up - but GOD, is it annoying ....

4/ The watch crew's spotting is APPALLING! I've had a destroyer shooting at us, in broad daylight, from 500m, and the watch crew can't see it! They shout "we're under attack!" and I'm yelling "I KNOW WE'RE UNDER ATTACK, THEY'RE OVER THERE, DAMMIT! SHOOT THEM!" I have to use the UZO (which is greyed-out anyway) to indicate the attacker, THEN the crew can see it and start shooting ...

I've looked at both versions of the mod, and there's no difference that would explain the results. I guess it's how GWX differs from standard SH3 that causes the gun turrets to vanish. As for the crew watch - I guess that's what happens when yoiu bend a sub sim game engine too far ...

Anyway, if anyone has any further info on this, please post - I'd really like to get this mod working fully.
billthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-12, 08:07 AM   #2
Wreford-Brown
Sea Lord

Downloads: 51
Uploads: 26

I'm sure I've had this 'problem' with missing turrets. The GWX team did an excellent job of revamping almost all ship types (and adding a load more) but their library took out a few gun and searchlight files and replaced them with newer versions:
330mmQFR
150mmQFR
150mmDFR
F_REF_small01
F_REF_small
F_REF_big

In addition, the LSH team created these two gun files for their Italian ships:
14InchTripleT
6InchTripleT

While you're digging through the SH3 WSM files, see whether they refer to any of the EQP types above. If so, it's a relatively easy fix: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...ght=strasbourg

Good luck with the other problems...

All my mods are available at MediaFire:
SH3 Mods
Other modders SH3 mods
SH4 Mods
...you can't please all of the people all of the time...
Wreford-Brown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warship mod, wsm