SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-11, 11:47 AM   #76
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Test version of Mare Nostrum campaign released, see post no 1 for details.
Old 05-10-11, 12:24 PM   #77
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366
Uploads: 0

hmm nice...

there is a new zones.cfg, does it included TDW FX update ?

...am asking because i tryed to remove the red distress flare but it wasnt there, so iam just asking about the other things needed for FX update, did you forgot including them

...just added the 2 new Rongel liveboats SDL entrys !

Old 05-10-11, 12:32 PM   #78
Jaguar
Officer

Downloads: 27

Congrats Zedi and all the others! Going to test it.
Old 05-10-11, 12:35 PM   #79
Zedi
Sea Lord

zones is compatible with fx, its made by TDW. Same goes with names.cfg
SDL is not compatible with Rongel's mod, need to be edited/merged.
Old 05-10-11, 12:41 PM   #80
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

THX !

guys, dont forget to save your game and restart SH5 after you got on board your sub in the bunker, otherwise it could be that harbor piers, and buildings and also the new navigation buoys wont render !

Old 05-10-11, 12:50 PM   #81
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
THX !

guys, dont forget to save your game and restart SH5 after you got on board your sub in the bunker, otherwise it could be that harbor piers, and buildings and also the new navigation buoys wont render !
Yes and also Zedi told me something very important that i did not noticed untill now:
1) you start a new campaign
2) you go to the oficer, chose a patrol and start the patrol

VERY IMPORTANT:

IF YOU WILL BE IN THE NEXT SECOND ON YOUR UBOAT IN BUNKER, JUST AFTER YOU STARTED THE PATROL IT IS NOT GOOD... PUSH THE ''end patrol button''... you will be again in buker... repeat again the steps: chose a new patrol, start the patrol... after you chose the patrol you must to have the loading screen and after that you will be on your uboat in bunker... so: each time when you start a new campaign and after you choose a new patrol and you do not have the loading screen it is not good... repeat the steps
Old 05-10-11, 01:09 PM   #82
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

...just leaving port now, it seams that the nav bouys are a bit to deep in the water, i see mostly only the lights on top, high tide ?

with that rising sun at 07:30, the harbor buttom looks realy good from surface (Stoianm Eviroment 2 test).

Old 05-10-11, 01:15 PM   #83
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
...just leaving port now, it seams that the nav bouys are a bit to deep in the water, i see mostly only the lights on top, high tide ?

with that rising sun at 07:30, the harbor buttom looks realy good from surface (Stoianm Eviroment 2 test).
The buoys need to be worked out, its a fast import from DivingDuck's mod who gave me the permission to use them. But im not qualified to work them out, except the texture part. There is a floating problem with them and they also need the sounds fixed and attached to the sdl file. So anyone who wish to fix them...
Old 05-10-11, 01:20 PM   #84
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
The buoys need to be worked out, its a fast import from DivingDuck's mod who gave me the permission to use them. But im not qualified to work them out, except the texture part. There is a floating problem with them and they also need the sounds fixed and attached to the sdl file. So anyone who wish to fix them...
Sound was fixed and added... but the bouys that you added has not a ringing bell on them... if you will use the ones with ringing bell you will hear the sound also (the white ones)

I will see if i can fix the flotation... but i can not guarantee.. i will ask TDW or Rongel how i can rework a .sim that has not a gr2 in sh5 (maybe i must to look in the .dat file)... they have sure an answer for me
Old 05-10-11, 01:27 PM   #85
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

theese so called "white ones", could it be that they are/was yellow ?
...if so, these are for marking a dangerous area like a wreck in shallow waters.

Old 05-10-11, 01:32 PM   #86
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
...if so, these are for marking a dangerous area like a wreck in shallow waters.
yes... those ones... they are yellow but the light is white... the ones for dangerous areas:

Old 05-10-11, 01:35 PM   #87
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
Thats correct, the yellow buoys have white lights and means danger. I had written in the first post, outside the La Spezia port I set up a small minefield that is marked with the yellow buoys. If you follow the coast and the green lights you cant miss them.

The bouys are set up according the IALA A standard and will guide you out and inside the port and also mark the safe waters, see here. This system will be implemented in every player base in all campaigns.

If Sober will work out the terrain, these buoys will be a great help when sailing in shallow waters.
Old 05-10-11, 01:44 PM   #88
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

You may see 'floating' subnets if you save/reload. I'm trying to figure out why currently. Just some FYI so people don't freak out about it

The PT Boats will act strangely or irratically until IRAI v32 is released.
Old 05-10-11, 01:59 PM   #89
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
You may see 'floating' subnets if you save/reload. I'm trying to figure out why currently. Just some FYI so people don't freak out about it

ops I removed them from this test version just to avoid complains about the floating nets. Hope you dont mind. This is mentioned in te first post.

But of course the nets will be there in the release version, no doubt.
Old 05-10-11, 04:32 PM   #90
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

iam about 80Km NW of Malta at current, there is a battlegroup in range including 1 Dido light cruiser... german Stuka bombers, equipped with bombs attacking the cruiser, they fly in dive bomb attacks and sometimes manage to break through the AA defence but wont drop any bombs on it

...iam following this group quite a while and at the beginning the group had 2 dido cruisers, not shure if this is the same group or if german planes sunk the second cruiser.

Closed Thread