SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-05-10, 06:47 AM   #3451
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmex View Post
I love your work TheDarkWraith and everything is working fine but only one thing how can we move the XO face and info from the middle off the scope.
Is it possible to move the XO face to the right bottom abd when we push on the face we see the info then also on the right site bottom so we have a free site in the middle.

Thanks,
madmex
press the 'L' key to hide the messagebox and move the XO TDC Dialog box over to a more favorable position You could also edit the options file and enable the XO TDC Dialog box draggable and thus you can drag it whereever you want it.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-10, 06:49 AM   #3452
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ologuy View Post
Hey there TDW,
love the RAOBF, works great! But maybe it would be better to rotate it with the mouse?
there's lots of things I would like to use the mouse wheel for but I haven't figured out how to 'trap' the mousewheel yet. Once I do I will change the RAOBF, heading bar, and draggable compasses rotations to be controlled via mouse wheel.
Old 07-05-10, 07:02 AM   #3453
ologuy
Mate

Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
there's lots of things I would like to use the mouse wheel for but I haven't figured out how to 'trap' the mousewheel yet. Once I do I will change the RAOBF, heading bar, and draggable compasses rotations to be controlled via mouse wheel.
I dont mean the mousewheel but just to drag the middle circle of the RAOBF with the mouse.
ologuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-10, 07:12 AM   #3454
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ologuy View Post
I dont mean the mousewheel but just to drag the middle circle of the RAOBF with the mouse.
I haven't perfected that method yet. When I do it'll be done
Old 07-05-10, 08:02 AM   #3455
Holin
Swabbie

Downloads: 225

If I click on the navigation map TDS button:
Holin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-10, 10:33 AM   #3456
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

working on v3.4.0. The navigator now also calculates the target's course and avg course from the range readings if the user option for navigator assist is enabled. In the screenie below the target's course was plotted to be 237 and the nav reports avg course of 230 from 3 range readings ( initial, calc, calc ):
Old 07-05-10, 05:03 PM   #3457
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
working on v3.4.0. The navigator now also calculates the target's course and avg course from the range readings if the user option for navigator assist is enabled. In the screenie below the target's course was plotted to be 237 and the nav reports avg course of 230 from 3 range readings ( initial, calc, calc ):
Hi liking this way to go
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 11:28 AM   #3458
Michal788
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Really cool.
Old 07-06-10, 04:23 PM   #3459
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

Un grand merci pour ton excellent travail ...impossible d'utiliser SH5 sans le newUIs
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 08:44 PM   #3460
TheBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 876
Uploads: 23

Default Sonar Station UI Bugs

Here is a list of a few bugs I found in the Sonar Station UI. I have listed these issue's in the past so I included a Picture for ref. I hope this helps you to fix these bugs.
  1. The light is supposed to illuminate when you can hear a Sonar Contact. You do not have to be perfectly aligned for it to light up, just being able to hear it is all that is needed for it to work.
  2. The bearing reported by the Sonar man does not match the bearing the Sonar Station is indicating with Needle or Notes. The Sonar man report is more accurate when compared to Periscoep visual but the Sonar Station Needle/Notes appears to be off by 5-6 degree's. Making it kind of hard to do Sonar only Torpedo attacks with any accuracy.
  3. Sonar Station ability to set Target Type (unknown, Warship, Merchant) currently requires you to be spot on, If you are 1 degree off, you can not use this function. Previous Silent Hunter releases had a Tolerance of +/- 5-10 degrees off actual bearing.
  4. Before I enter the Sonar Station, my TAI-Map is displaying Sonar Contacts but after I leave the Sonar Station the TAI-Map no long displays Sonar Contacts.
  5. The Sonar Station commands "Estimate Range to Target" and "Precise Range to Target" do not work correctly. Both require visual contact to function. If these worked correctly it would also help for Sonar Only Deck Gun attacks in heavy fog where you are unable to get a visual on the target.
  6. The Red Button (hidden behind the TAI-Map in picture) should be linked to the Sonar Station command "Precise Range to Target".

SHIV-MediaFire | SHV-MediaFire

Last edited by TheBeast; 07-07-10 at 11:40 AM.
TheBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 09:33 PM   #3461
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

Ok , i have see for the hydrophone

1 - no 3d mesh in .GR2 for the light
2 - for the needle there is a dial in QR1.sim ,but we need to see ,what happend with the " spring needle bug " ( when not used by the player )-> in sensors.sim is a dial to "auto rotation " for the hydro antenna and I think the wheel is connected to,but this dial make also hydro search angle too
3 - no idea
4 - idem 3
5 - idem 3-4
6 - no mouse mask in .GR2 to make it workable in game , but we can try to illuminate it in place of the other light

Last edited by BIGREG; 07-06-10 at 09:44 PM.
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-10, 10:03 PM   #3462
BIGREG
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 155

for the needle just change the needle visual value in QR1.sim

min 0 max 360 to -> min -180 max 180 , but i am not sure that resolve the all dial bug

My QR1.sim : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8655607/Hydrophone%20needle.zip

Last edited by BIGREG; 07-06-10 at 11:08 PM.
BIGREG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 07:01 AM   #3463
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

for some reason and the latest version, i cant toggle the message box anymore (is set to "K" key via options file).

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 02:51 PM   #3464
dem
Planesman

Downloads: 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
for some reason and the latest version, i cant toggle the message box anymore (is set to "K" key via options file).
same here, had to make it dragerble to get it move
dem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-10, 03:17 PM   #3465
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem View Post
same here, had to make it dragerble to get it move
which UI style? And by togglable you mean visibility or location?

Tags
dbrn, favorite, new ui