SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-30-08, 01:57 PM   #1
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

I've been away for a while and a bit out of touch on the forum but.. after reading this thread...
Isn't adding new playables to DW a big No No ?
The mod does sound interesting and it looks like a lot of good work is going into it. Is it meant to work with LWAMI or are they going to have to be separate mods ?
Is there a wiki or something maintained so I can learn more about the RA mod ?

Just curious. I play DW all the time and anything that adds to it is a plus in my book.
Old 12-30-08, 03:50 PM   #2
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9

So far SCS stance on both the RA and Alfa Tau Mod is that they have yet to take a definite stance however at the moment they seem to be ok with them.

As for more information bout the mods, I think there are forums in italian and russian where the developers are available but to my knowledge there is no Wiki or anything like it available yet (however given the current stance of SCS I have no problem with expanding the existing DW Wiki to include sections for the RA and TA mod ... just need to find someone who actually writes something.)

As for LwAmi and those mods ... to my knowledge both mods are based on an older version of the LwAmi mod and have subsequently evolved into their own "thing". This means that all three mods (AT, RA and LwAmi) are incompatible with each other.

Hope that helped a bit.
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 04:28 PM   #3
Sea Demon
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneShot
So far SCS stance on both the RA and Alfa Tau Mod is that they have yet to take a definite stance however at the moment they seem to be ok with them.
I have seen nothing to indicate that they are "OK" with it. Neal just indicated that the topics were open and linking was OK. I guess that's the approval. But it would be nice to see a Sonalyst's employee actually have something to say on it in this forum. Straight from the horses mouth. Especially because adding new playables has always been forbidden. These mods look very promising. But I do have to say that official releases or a new game from Sonalysts would be much more desirable. I just hope that pursuing these mods doesn't turn Sonalysts off from producing any potential future developments.
Sea Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-08, 05:15 AM   #4
Theta Sigma
Seabed Comber

Downloads: 99

Hi guys,

I haven't been active here since threads on this and Alpha Tau were closed and even deleted. I'm glad that the powers that be see far enough to have mercy on the end-users here.

Well, in my last install I tried RA and AT, and found AT more enjoyable and bug free, but the more plentiful and detailed playables were better in RA. It was hard, but I stuck with AT for gameplay.

The hardest part about reverting to AT was the multi-stage SLBM launches in RA. They were absolutely amazing, but they were just for show. AT had working SLBMs that could wipe out entire taskforces (FUN!), but they were modeled on other long-range missile behaviors.

What I wished for (among other things) was for a merge of these elements with a functional multi-stage SLBM. Have the RA devs worked on this? I used to peruse both dev forums, but putting the sukhoi pages into translators was too laborious. I'd love to know if they are working on it, though. It would seem to me that porting the AT SLBM behavior into RA would be easier than the reverse considering how compliacated the multi-stage SLBM process seems to be.

Tags
reinforce alert