SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion > Jutland
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-02-09, 12:29 PM   #1
AlExal
Swabbie

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

I downloaded demo to try it. Launched it and everything was ok. I've tried 2 scenarios (Duel and one other) and it was a really great) But then I tried to launch some other ones and game crashed the very moment I clicked at the name of the scenario at the menu. The same stuff happenned with most of the scenarios
Can you help me to resolve that problem?
AlExal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 04:37 PM   #2
SeaSprite
Watch

Downloads: 17

Tried the demo real quick, just the duel this morning and sunk the enemy bb. Pretty nice thus far.

But, I do have a question and sorry to say its over this DRM thing:

Why did you not choose Steam? It seems to offer the same advantages that your software does and more.

Just curious .

I'll probably get the game anyway, but was wondering...

Matt
SeaSprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 11:47 AM   #3
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSprite View Post
Why did you not choose Steam? It seems to offer the same advantages that your software does and more.
Not my department so I don't know. I must say, however, that Steam has its detractors, too.
Bullethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-09, 04:03 AM   #4
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
Not my department so I don't know. I must say, however, that Steam has its detractors, too.
Yeah it does but many games are available through Steam and other sources. They also will give it huge exposure. It may not be your department, but you are closer to that department then we are so maybe you can mention it.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-09, 10:54 AM   #5
ParaB
Chief

Downloads: 16

I somehow can't get Jutland to run. Downloaded the game, installed, and run it. Clicked on 'Evaluation', the game starts in windowed mode but never loads to the main menu. I've allowed the game access via the windows (XP) firewall, I have no idea what's causing the problem. Any ideas?
ParaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 10:42 AM   #6
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaB View Post
I somehow can't get Jutland to run. Downloaded the game, installed, and run it. Clicked on 'Evaluation', the game starts in windowed mode but never loads to the main menu. I've allowed the game access via the windows (XP) firewall, I have no idea what's causing the problem. Any ideas?
Sorry to be lagged here, been busy lately.

There are several potential causes here, but I'm not a techie so can't give you an answer. I suggest that you send in a report to the bug server, which you can find on a link in the Start\All Programs\Storm Eagle Studios\Jutland folder.
Old 05-13-09, 01:05 PM   #7
CaptHawkeye
Weps

Downloads: 1

I'm interested in moving Jutland from my obsolete desktop to my waaaay better laptop. I know I can only have one of them active at a time though, how do I transfer the license?
CaptHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-09, 11:45 AM   #8
Bullethead
Storm Eagle Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlExal View Post
But then I tried to launch some other ones and game crashed the very moment I clicked at the name of the scenario at the menu. The same stuff happenned with most of the scenarios
Hmmm. It might be that the other scenarios are too big for your computer, but that's just a guess because I have no idea what hardware you've got.

The best thing to do would be, immediately after the game crashes, to look in the main Jutland folder for "game_log.txt" and "diagnostic_log.txt". Then send these in to the bug report server. You can find the a shortcut to the server in the Start\All Programs\Storm Eagle Studios\Jutland folder.
Old 05-09-09, 12:38 PM   #9
Buddahaid
Shark above Space Chicken

Downloads: 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlExal View Post
I downloaded demo to try it. Launched it and everything was ok. I've tried 2 scenarios (Duel and one other) and it was a really great) But then I tried to launch some other ones and game crashed the very moment I clicked at the name of the scenario at the menu. The same stuff happenned with most of the scenarios
I had that problem for a short time, but it cleared up after one of the larger updates. Sorry I can't remember what update. I thought the little patches had changed things enough to render some canned missions unusable.

Buddahaid
Buddahaid is offline   Reply With Quote