SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-29-22, 10:18 PM   #1
Mar01
Sovereign

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0
Default I'm sorry

It's yet another "help me put together a modsoup" thread.

Believe me when I tell you that I wouldn't be bothering you folks if I had any other choice, but I simply don't have the time to mess around with this stuff like I used to and I miss those days so badly that I'm asking for your help.

I'm confused by what the mega mods are, the sticky threads aren't very descriptive, and I just can't figure out which GUI mods go on what, how, why, my brain is fried at this point after trying to push myself to figure this out before I have to go back to work.

Here are the most important things I want out of SH3 now:

MagUI (I LOVED using this in the old days, with the giant compass to set my heading with (was there an even bigger one that popped out from the right? Is that a separate mod?), the nice shiny tdc dials, etc etc can't live without it).
Attack disc, giant map tool compass rose, etc.

Highest resolution I can have with MagUI (my screen is 3440x1440, 21:9... can lower it to make the game playable in windowed mode if I must).

Lots of hotkeys... big screen means big mouse travel distance... lol.

Stability over everything else.

The option to have ALL subs, equipment, weapons, torpedoes, etc available to me to use all the way through the campaign OR...

If that is not possible then at least give me unlimited renown (or whatever it is, been years since I played) so I can purchase whatever I want as soon as it becomes available (can I just edit my save?).

All the eye candy that can be mustered while keeping stability. My computer will laugh at any attempt to slow it down. I understand the same can't be said about the game itself however.

Realistic handling of the sub like in SH5 TWoS would be nice. I tried SH5 TWoS and I like it, but I really like the Type XXI more...

So if you want to waste your time doing my work for me I would really appreciate it.

But if it's all too much... I could at least just run GWX with MagUI, but I still haven't figured out how to get the game to run with a higher resolution than 1024x768.