SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-20, 01:06 AM   #11
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruzbasan View Post
Hi Madigan,

I think I understand what you are saying. But to be sure, let me explain what I have now on my PC and what I think you are proposing.

My Current Install of SH3 modded with GWX is in the following folder on my D drive:

D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII

If I understand correctly, you are saying leave that install with GWX alone and do the following:

1) Make a folder on my C: drive and label it:

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3

2) Copy all the folders and files from my clean install of SH3 into the LHS3 folder listed above

3) Install LHS3 over the clean install of SH3 located in the LHS3 folder. The result will be LSH3 in:

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3

So my PC will end up with two totally different installs:

D:\Games\Ubisoft\SilenthunterIII (containing SH3 modded with GWX)

C:\Games\SH3\LHS3 (containing SH3 modded with LSH3)

Will that work?

Gary
If the GWX install on D:\ works fine, WITHOUT having to have the disk inserted to play it, then what you outlined should then work fine.

I assumed (correctly, it seems... odds were in favor of this being the case..) that you would likely have a 2 hard disk set up in your computer.. as most do.. even including Myself...

I was figuring on your having the clean install set aside on the 2nd hard drive & was attempting to run a copy (or in this case copies) on the main or C: drive.. & the way I outlined, would also work.. as I have 2 copies of it set up that same way. LSH3, being 1 of them..

The main difference being, My copy I have (clean unmodded backup that it is..) was bought & paid for, through Steam, but.. divorced from Steam, using a program to do this, created by a former subsimmer, no longer around on subsim, though...

Sooo... the way you have it outlined, I'm fairly confident, would work.. since having them on 2 separate drives. I assume, hopefully correctly, the back up is on what.. an external drive, perhaps...

M. M.

p.s.

Just make sure to run multish3 with the new fresh install for running LSH3, so as to ensure the save game folder is separate from the GWX one.. of course..