Navy Seal

Downloads: 85
Uploads: 0

Here is a good source for info on the state of current California wildfires:

California Fire Map & Tracker --

https://www.sfchronicle.com/projects...rnia-fire-map/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Still hot but not as bad as yesterday so maybe I'm getting used to it. It sucks when you can't wait to open up the house and let the fans cool it down overnight only to be assaulted by a skunk somewhere close at four in the morning!

Opened up now at quarter to seven and all I smell is a fire somewhere in the region.

So far, LA is only having a few, isolated power outages, mainly due to equipment malfunctions (blown pole transformers, etc.); the city's power system is wholly-owned by the city and we are not subject to outages as much as other areas who are under giant power companies like PG&E or SoCalEdison; the worse parts of the heat down here are the air pollution increase caused by smoke from the wildfires and very high humidity; when I finally got the portable room air conditioner (portable, my eye: it weighs about 80 pounds and, even on casters, it can be a bear to move), I was surprised to see how much condensate was produced; I have a condensate pump setup attached to the unit, and the past couple of days, it has pumped out over 1 to 1-1/2 gallons a day; the condensate pump was installed after an incident a number of years back when the AC's internal tank got overwhelmed and I came home to find a film of water all over the floor; the humidity must really be high to produce such large quantities of condensate...

<O>

Last edited by vienna; 08-19-20 at 08:19 PM.
vienna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
california, wild fires