SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-20, 12:32 PM   #1
MENTAT
Sparky

Downloads: 198
Uploads: 0
Default I have given up on SH3

Sadly I am fed up with CTDs and Sh3.exe stopped working messages..

I am a veteran player, returning to SH3 over and over for over 12 years. But on my most recent return, I am truly disappointed and frustrated. I have tried to make it work for over 4 days spending hours and hours.

First I tried GWX 3 Gold. But random CTDs, it starts with "stopped working" during exiting game, and then after a couple of missions, CTDs increase in frequency. Sometimes it CTD when I tried to switch to the 3D world (external view) and sometimes, on the map view and once I was repairing the damage.

I did everything I could, applied compatibility modes for win7, Win XP, did the DPI setting also applied administrator rights..

removed mods, re2moved GWX and installed Vanilla SH3, applied 4Gb patch, also applied S.hie's hard code patch, updated SH3 commander, re-installed it, and JSGME.

Applied widescreen mod, installed & removed d3d9, tried different resolutions (1920x1080 is unbearable because of mouse lag so I lowered it as low as 1280x800) but I think I have a feeling that it is related more with the resolution.

I even thought about switching to an older laptop to play it thinking my Razer Blade-15 could be the problem. (Maybe SH3 is overstrained to work with newer powerhouse laptops)

It crashes and crashes again. I missed so much playing SH3 but at the moment all my precious time is being wasted trying to figure out the problem with it rather than playing it. Any suggestions would be welcome.