SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-19, 06:24 PM   #1
Capt Codetrucker
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Somewhere Between Arcade and Total Realism

Actually, closer to Arcade than Realism. Here's the deal. I keep getting my tail kicked in combat. I'm not really that much into combat, but I thought I could simulate attacks. There is nothing wrong with any of the sims. The problem is me, rather my gimpy noodle. I just can't keep all the necessary details in my mind. It always ends up in a jumbled up mess between my ears and I'm on the way to Davy Jones Locker. HELP!! I am actually beginning to wonder if I belong among all you submariners? FWIW - I have been incredibly impressed by the level of I.Q. which pervades this community. Kudos!

[The following are all from Steam]

SC - So, far I have only been able to drop and pick up seal teams (took three tries) and wiggle through an ice maze (courtesy of "Truth"). I also tried using the Auto-Crew, with the Halifax thingy, but I must not have used it right because it caused more problems than without it.

DW - I can't get it to run, but waaaay over my head even if I could.

SH3 - At least I can enjoy the view from the Bridge, but no success.

SH4 - Can't get it to run yet.

SH5 - Runs great, but easily become overwhelmed.

The odd thing about all this is I own and know how to use a real sextant and I can navigate in real life, but I don't seem capable of translating those skills to the sub sims. I have spent many, many hours reading through the threads and the links and only get more confused.

So, can anyone recommend a sub sim(s) which are more than just an arcade game, but not quite a realistic simulation? I hope this make sense?

Thanks.

Tags
arcade, non-combat