Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-18, 03:51 PM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Default Crazy Snooker

2015, World Grand Prix. By now a famous frame.

I like Snooker. When I stumble about it on TV, usually I get hooked for an hour or so.

I also like tactical raffinesse, tactical playing.

But this...?

Do not stop after the pink finally got potted. The good stuff keeps coming!

And when a few pottings later you think that at least now thankfully its finally over, don't stop, for the good stuff still keeps coming! They keep on fighting until the very end, even with minimalistic options.

For those not knowing the rules: the basic idea is that red and coloured balls have to be played in turns: red-coloured-red-coloured. Coloured balls get replaced on the table when they got potted and count 2-7 points, reds stay off the table and count all 1. Thats the basic idea. You do not want to make shots where you have to turn over the right to play on, opponent scoring that way, when you cannot continue with a legal shot yourself: you thus play the white ball in a way that makes it difficult for the opponent to continue when you cannot pot yourself and therefor emjst end. When the turn is up to you, you have to start with a red. - Thats why they do not pot the pink ball.

Snooker it is called when the opponent cannot make a legal shot: he cannot even touch a red. Scores 4 penalty points for his opponent then wo can also chose to play on, or force the palyer to try new, from old position. They say player A snookers player B, it is not unfair, but a game element totally okay. A player can catch up this way with an opponent with a leading score even if there are not enough potting points left on the table anymore.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-24-18 at 04:26 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote