Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-18, 03:01 PM   #11
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center I don't see any historical 'close ties' to the NRA. I think the Spiegel article shows a certain level of ignorance of American history.

"In fact, the beginning of the Klan involved nothing so sinister, subversive or ancient as the theories supposed. it was the boredom of small-town life that led six young Confederate veterans to gather around a fireplace one December evening in 1865 and form a social club. the place was Pulaski, Tenn., near the Alabama border. when they reassembled a week later, the six young men were full of ideas for their new society. it would be secret, to heighten the amusement of the thing, and the titles for the various offices were to have names as preposterous-sounding as possible, partly for the fun of it and partly to avoid any military or political implications."

The KKK was never meant to be what it is today. It started out as an eccentric social club by six former confederates. Only later did it re-invented itself into the terrorist organization it is today.

The NRA organization was never that. Behavior of some of its members however may be an entirely different story.

Just because Cruz was a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. It doesn't mean every one else there is as sick or evil as he is.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 02-24-18 at 05:38 PM.
Rockstar is online   Reply With Quote