SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-13-17, 02:16 PM   #1
MaxFear
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Submarine parameters and their meaning

I have some question, if anyone knows the answers to these maybe we can share our knowledge...

1. Is there any number on how Ultra Silent mode effects submarines sound levels? Like percentage or -X db?

2. Does submarine displacement has an impact on detection? I have a feeling it does, because no matter what UK's Astute feels like stealth bomber, and I can not hide with my Typhoon class no matter what, every time I start a mission it seems like there is 5 torpedoes in the water trying to kill me.

3. How does aircraft drop torpedoes on you? Sometimes they drop on top of you, but ships that have surface launched rockets that carry torpedoes do nothing in the mean while... Does that mean that each enemy detect by individually or they save the their ammo in case first one does not finish you?

4. Does MOSS show up on enemy radar as submarine or as something else? Do any of the submarines on enemy side launch MOSS'es? If so, how they appear on your radar?
MaxFear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
detection, moss, stealth