SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Indie Subsims > Sub Commander
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-14, 10:48 PM   #11
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

New custom submarine:
Zombie_2371 over at the Facepunch forums made this awesome new missile submarine, called the December class. Features four missile tubes, airlocks (if you want to flood your sub), and even a slightly customised misc system control panel!

It can be downloaded here: http://puu.sh/bMDhF/40368fb8d5.rar

Quote:
Yes, YES! That 3D game looks amazing! What engine is it being developed in?

When you release it it it will be amazing. Also, I have a suggestion for the Nuclear Missile Console, allow us to zoom in and out like at the map screen. It is so cool to watch the missiles fly around. It is interesting though, as it appears that some countries will target you with their missiles, not just the cities. Is this because I am surfaced when I launch the missiles, or do they lock on to you anyway?

Another suggestion for quality of life. Make the radio messages more apparent, I have sat in port for a long time while doing recon missions, not realizing that I have already been given a new mission. Maybe add a flashing pop-up when you get a new message about missions or war decs.

Now a question, how do I dock at a friendly port to restock torpedoes, repair hull, ect. I heard that people can do that, just I do not know how. Thanks! Is there any variation with missions depending on which nation you play as? And are there any "launch nuclear weapons at x y z" missions that result from the AI launching missiles? I know that nations will declare war on each other, and may or may not fight each other in the background, but will a nation instigate a nuclear war?

I LOVE this game, it is like FTL with submarines (which is a good thing) and I hope it grows and develops alongside the 3D multiplayer version when it is released. Please make more spoiler pics when you can!

P.S. The November is my favorite submarine, due to it's versatility and that it has missiles!
The 3D sim is developed in Unity, which I think will allow the game to have nice, modern 3D graphics while also being relatively quick and easy to develop thanks to the asset store. For example, I was able to buy a module which allows for realistic ripples and splashes in water for $30 - it would have taken me weeks to write that code from scratch.

Seems a few people are interested in improvements to the missile control panel map - labels, zoom levels etc. I'll work on improving it in a future update. Countries won't deliberately target you with missiles (I think), but you might get hit if you're near a port and a missile goes off course. Cold War era guidance systems aren't perfect!

To rearm at a port, get close (within one square) and press LShift+R. This doesn't work if the port has been destroyed by nuclear weapons for obvious reasons. Currently, the AI will never perform a nuclear first strike and will never order you to - this is because any nuclear actions are basically guaranteed to wipe out every city and end the world, and I don't want to force players to start a new game just because the AI went crazy and nuked everyone.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote