SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop > DW Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-06, 09:30 AM   #1
Werewolf13
Torpedoman

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0
Default Tell the AI or Ownship where Enemy is

Quote:
Is there a way to make a target ship show up on the map of ownship or tell the AI where the player controlled ship is?

What I'd like to do is make it so that if a neutral unit gets attacked by a side then the attacking unit is revealed to the player or vice versa.

I know there's a reveal bearing action in the doctrine language but that isn't really enough.

This is for an arena type MP mission I'm tinkering with. Doing this would force the players to do good classifications and to set torpedoe presets the way they should be rather than willy-nilly firing off torps in recon mode.
I don't think you can do that, however I made a work around sometime ago. You can trigger the creation of a group of helies which attack the sub who destroyed the surface.
Quote:
I've played two missions online where that is exactly what happened. Two of 4 players immediately launched a spread of 4 each and cut them loose after about 4k yards. When I asked them why after the game they said to spook player subs into evading and making noise so they could be found easier.

Pretty gamey - IMO there ought to be a penalty for being GAMEY!
Annoying!