Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-11, 05:37 AM   #1
Gargamel
Lucky Sailor

Downloads: 81
Uploads: 0
Default Movie Thread

Figured we could have a thread about movies we have seen, comments on them, etc. Probably been on in the past, but I'm starting a new one!

---------

Just watched the newest Karate Kid. When I was growing up, the original was the coolest movie evah! This one, with Jaden Smith and Jackie Chan, is pretty damn good actually. It follows the original script very closely, in the motifs it follows, a lot of scenes are almost copies. But it really carries it's own. The kungfu is very well done, and having Chan be the Mr Miagi of this one is pretty good. He brings an element of realism, or at least elements of good kung fu movies, to the movie.

Fans of the original and Kung fu movies will probably actually enjoy this one. The plot is identical, so don't expect any surprises, but the subtle twists and depth they did add make it worth watching.

I give it 2 1/2 (out of 4) Torpedos. Would have been 3, but the lack of originality in the script knocked it down a touch, but the overall quality of the movie is good. I would have been disappointed if I had paid to see it first run, but it's a quality second run or DVD flick.

Last edited by Gargamel; 03-29-11 at 07:27 AM.
Gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote