SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-10, 07:56 PM   #1
Tossik
Nub

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0
Deck/Periscope issues (huge lag)

I've been playing SH4 for a while and I recently found a very cheap copy of SH3 and bought it straight away. So I decided to give it a go and installed the game, updated to 1.4b, and got the GWX3 Gold too. The game works perfectly, even though I am playing it on windows 7 64x.

Problem is that whenever I look around in periscope view or when I go up on the deck the fps plummets to about 5-10. If I zoom in in periscope, or if I use the binos on deck, the fps goes back up. Same goes in free cam, if I look straight down at my sub, the fps is fine, as soon as the horizon gets in view my fps goes down. Any ideea what I could do? Keep in mind that SH4 works perfectly on the same machine.

I have a notebook with amd athlon x2 64, 2Gb RAM and an onboard ati x1250(sucky, i know but again, it can handle SH4, drivers are up to date too).
I tried everything, from environmental altering mods to different versions of drivers. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Tossik; 11-07-10 at 08:32 PM.
Tossik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fps, lag, ocean, performance, periscope