SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters > DW Mod Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-10, 03:01 AM   #1
Captain Sub
Gunner

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Important: Ra 1.01 torpedo feature/bug

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I simply couldn't bother going through all the 60 pages and I wanted to create a separate thread to highlight this problem.

A new feature in RA is that FLOOR/MODE setting has 5 digits as opposed to 4 in 104 stock. So for example: 14000 feet means mode [1] and floor setting to 4000.

The bug is that the AI doesn't realize this, nor does firecontrol autocrew. In waters below 10000 feet, they will set floor/mode to for example [1]0469, so the AI creates a torpedo in mode 1 and not going deeper than 469 feet, thinking they set it at 10469ft so any opponent can dive below those 469 feet and escape the torpedo easily. This makes playing with RA AI's in deep waters rather pointless.

Additional notes:

Remember that another new feature in RA is the depth sensitivity of sonars: shallow torpedoes will not find deep submarines (they did in 104 stock), however deep torpedoes will find shallow submarines and sub passive sonar below the layer will find everything below aswell as above the layer, whereas subs above the layer won't find subs below the layer.

However! Due to the 5 digits, a floor/mode at [1]1000 can be set to depth 2000 feet so even tho floor is set to 1000 feet, the torpedo will be cruising at 2000 depth where it will deny locking on to any targets at such depths.

kind regards,

Paul

Last edited by Captain Sub; 06-15-10 at 06:34 AM.
Captain Sub is offline   Reply With Quote