SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-09, 12:23 PM   #11
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

The page didn't update: Your comment appeared as I was writing my reply to Cmd_Jacek, so I didn't see your post until after I posted my comment.

The hydro lines... well... If you don't use Map Updates, you never see them ofc. But if you use them (i like the lines, not the bloody boxes), you only see Hydrophone lines of sound contacts if you can't visually spot the ships. That means that you see them only if you're submerged AND your periscopes are down. As soon as the scopes break the water and a ship enters visual range, some magic dude replaces all the lines with visual boxes. I like the hydro lines because they are updated in a circular way, once every 10-20 seconds, which is preety realistic. Also, by replacing the ContLine.tga file with a staggered line like the RFB one, you can't plot on the lines, they loose all of their precise range length. I'll stop here.

The Ujagd Tools: Not yet, one step at a time. They're simple dials linked to the temporary TDC solution pages. I will not import them, I'll recreate them from scratch. The Stadimeter will work but only for visual reading of the marks because I can't show the angle reading (it's buggy and can only be viewed if the stadimeter is started from the Range Page which I plan to use for something else). I'll also keep the game's original scope lenses, zoom levels and hard coded line marks. The Attack disk will only have the front side. I'll link it to the proper Bearing/Course dials to automate it as much as possible. If only I had access to my main pc I'd show you a few interesting screenies , but that's not possible for almost a month . The whole shabang is made in Maya as a complete 3d enviroment render split into separate tga's. It looks awesome .
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote