SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-09, 09:53 AM   #11
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contact View Post
Ahmm.. When you switch to the Attack disk and point your mouse outside the disk you can rotate the cam outside the disk right ? However I couldn't find the way to release cam and switch back to SH3 pointer arrow..
Hah, I see. Once upon a time I made it idiot proof by preventing the user from clicking outside the wheel at all, but I later undid that change so that certain dials and buttons could be used while the wheel is open. It could be changed back to "idiot proof" again... or... you could just stop moving the camera while the wheel is open.

Those are the only two options really. SH3 has a hardcoded quirk: after moving a camera and clicking the mouse, the cursor goes back to the centre of the screen (instead of staying where is was when you first clicked). When that happens and there is something clickable at the centre of the screen then you get the bug you just described. I can't stop the cursor from going back to centre, so the only "fix" is to prevent the user from moving the camera whenever something clickable is in the centre of the screen - and in this case that would mean preventing the user from clicking anywhere outside of the attack disk, since some cameras take up the whole screen.

Tags
gold, gui, olc, olce2, ubermod