SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-08-22, 06:25 AM   #1
Ulrich Kröpke
A-Ganger

Downloads: 532
Uploads: 0
Default Burning Oil on the sea

if you hit a Tanker let´s say a Cimmaron Tanker with two or three Torpedos
the Tanker starts to burn and you can see the holes under water where the Torpedos hit.
Is it possible to show burning Oil on the sea which leaked out of the Tanker holes. I would say Kapuhy could be the right man for that. Thank you Kapuhy for your nice little ships. I have placed them in the Harbour and see them in Convoys.
Ulrich Kröpke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-22, 05:25 AM   #2
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrich Kröpke View Post
if you hit a Tanker let´s say a Cimmaron Tanker with two or three Torpedos
the Tanker starts to burn and you can see the holes under water where the Torpedos hit.
Is it possible to show burning Oil on the sea which leaked out of the Tanker holes. I would say Kapuhy could be the right man for that. Thank you Kapuhy for your nice little ships. I have placed them in the Harbour and see them in Convoys.
Hi,

First of all, I'm very happy you like my ships speaking of which, I hope I will finally find time to finish and relase remaining ones...

As for burning oil: I'm 99% sure it would be possible. Leaking oil effects are already in game, and FX are moddable in general so I think combining oil and fire effects together would be possible.

Unfortunately chances of me taking up this task are close to zero at least in near future: I already have several modding projects (like remaining little ships, AI improvements, nav lights for GR2 ships and so on) I've started and had to put on hold this year due to lack of time, so when I finally have more free time on my hands I'll be finishing these first, and only then consider taking up anything more. I'm happy to try to help with any obstacles if you or anyone else would like to try adding such effect, though.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-22, 09:44 PM   #3
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0

Just wanted to chime in that I think burning oil would be cool.

Steve
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote