SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-26-08, 07:47 PM   #121
Tomcattwo
Loader

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Outstanding!

OUTSTANDING WORK, Rubini!!!!! I think it looks simply grand! Any idea as to when this mod will be available for us VIIC skippers?
R/
TC2
Old 03-26-08, 08:40 PM   #122
nikpinero
Watch

Downloads: 95
Default Bug in Water stream mod

Hello, Rubini:

I believe I have found a bug in your mod, it´s probaby conflicting with some other mod (specifically Racerboy´s effects) as without leaving port I could see a tug boat steaming along before my sub and her white smoke was all messed up.

Black smoke for the factories and other boats seemed to be allright though. So it appears that the white smoke textures are somehow related to water particle textures.

Any other testers have encountered this particular bug?
nikpinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-08, 08:46 PM   #123
Kaleu. Jochen Mohr
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 47

verry nice,n il be waiting for the IXB version then

Kaleu. Jochen Mohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-08, 09:13 PM   #124
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikpinero
Hello, Rubini:

I believe I have found a bug in your mod, it´s probaby conflicting with some other mod (specifically Racerboy´s effects) as without leaving port I could see a tug boat steaming along before my sub and her white smoke was all messed up.

Black smoke for the factories and other boats seemed to be allright though. So it appears that the white smoke textures are somehow related to water particle textures.

Hi mate,

Thanks for the feedback. Yesterday i took alook on RB's FX mod files to check by compatibility. And they are totally compatible as far I could notice (i don´t have it on my install anyway). Please just enable the Water Stream mod first, only then enable RB's FX mod for last. Let me know if this works to you.
Old 03-26-08, 09:17 PM   #125
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubini
Quote:
Hello, Rubini:

Hi mate,

Thanks for the feedback. Yesterday i took alook on RB's FX mod files to check by compatibility. And they are totally compatible as far I could notice (i don´t have it on my install anyway). Please just enable the Water Stream mod first, only then enable RB's FX mod for last. Let me know if this works to you.
I have RB's exhaust smoke running with the water streams no problem, if thats what you guys are talking about.
Old 03-26-08, 09:54 PM   #126
Wolfehunter
Crusty Capt.

Downloads: 40
Uploads: 25

Thanks Rubini it works great!

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ter/Shot19.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ter/Shot21.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...ter/Shot22.jpg
Thanks
Old 03-26-08, 10:30 PM   #127
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Quote:
Hello, Rubini:

Hi mate,

I have RB's exhaust smoke running with the water streams no problem, if thats what you guys are talking about.
No, we are talking about the RB's FX mod. But is good to know that also his exaust mod is working too.
Old 03-27-08, 12:25 AM   #128
Adriatico
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 119

Talking about VIIc/VIIb... are you going to apply the same size of pattern (.tga) as in IXd2, or thinner one ?

Just was wondering if "skinny" pattern would fit VII series...
:hmm:

Adriatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 09:34 AM   #129
Progrocker
Gunner

Downloads: 18

Wow! Another great mod. When it will be available to VIIB and VIIC types? Is it only for IXD2?
Progrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 10:13 AM   #130
nikpinero
Watch

Downloads: 95

Quote:
Quote:
Hello, Rubini:

Hi mate,

Hello, Rubini. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll try it tonight. By the way, can apply 3rd party skins to the uboat and would they confilict with your mod?
nikpinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 10:15 AM   #131
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progrocker
Wow! Another great mod. When it will be available to VIIB and VIIC types? Is it only for IXD2?
Go back and read the whole thread. That part was discussed at lenght
Old 03-27-08, 10:57 AM   #132
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progrocker
Go back and read the whole thread. That part was discussed at lenght

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 10:57 AM   #133
Goetz von B
Sailor man

Downloads: 153
Default Which is better right or left?

Rubini,
Very well done. In your test single mission you asked to look at the left side and the right side to see which one looked better. Boy, I couldn't tell the difference, both looked very, very good. Just a thought, since to my eye I coudn't really see a difference perhaps you want to keep each side slightly different. This perhaps would be more lifelike so that one side doesn't simply mirror the other side....Just a thought.

Had a strange issue occur during the test mission. When I went to the radio/radar station there was no operator and all I coud see were the shadows of things but not the things themselves....hope that made sense. All other statios were fine.
Thank you for all your hard work.

GvB
Goetz von B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-08, 11:26 AM   #134
Philipp_Thomsen
Old Gang

Downloads: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goetz von B
Rubini,
Very well done. In your test single mission you asked to look at the left side and the right side to see which one looked better. Boy, I couldn't tell the difference, both looked very, very good. Just a thought, since to my eye I coudn't really see a difference perhaps you want to keep each side slightly different. This perhaps would be more lifelike so that one side doesn't simply mirror the other side....Just a thought.

Had a strange issue occur during the test mission. When I went to the radio/radar station there was no operator and all I coud see were the shadows of things but not the things themselves....hope that made sense. All other statios were fine.
Thank you for all your hard work.

GvB
Rubini is working on a WIP of the philadelphia experiment and didn't tell us.
Old 03-27-08, 12:35 PM   #135
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hello, Rubini:

Hi mate,

Hello, Rubini. Thanks for your suggestion, I'll try it tonight. By the way, can apply 3rd party skins to the uboat and would they confilict with your mod?
After you try it let me know if it works or not. And yes, you can use any skin...but if your new skin modifies the water drain holes places on main uboat tga then the water stream will drain from wrong places.