SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-03-11, 05:20 PM   #31
vlad29
XO

Downloads: 324
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia389 View Post
@Zedi, I used this with OHII light and has worked fine so far. I looked at the zone.cfg from OHII and this should work but will have to be installed after OHII. Seems the OHII zone.cfg has some the FX zone stuff but not all. If you install this after OHII. OHII will now have all the FX and BARF stuff now. If guys were installing OHII after FX it seems some effects would not of been working. This will fix that
Hi, mia389. If I'm not mistaken this mod is not necessary if u use OHII-light.
The problem of not realistic sinking described is mostly concerning the New Ship Pack-units from OHII-full, if it is installed after FX Update. So your mod should be applied in this way FX+OHII full+mod from MIA?

As far as I know TDW is almost finished FX Update v.0.0.19, and v.0.0.18 is already in use by some modders. May be this last versions of FX (which are not released already) are compatible with New Ship Pack v.1.1 and OHII-full and fixes the described item of sinking mechanics , who knows...
vlad29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 05:59 PM   #32
mia389
中国水兵

Downloads: 130

I just tested with OHII and it does work.
Quote:
Hi, mia389. If I'm not mistaken this mod is not necessary if u use OHII-light.
This changes the FX sinking and flooding to more like BARFs. This does work on the new units in OHII as well, as they use the same file as stock ships
mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 02:15 AM   #33
Zedi
Sea Lord

Downloads: 184
Uploads: 2

Quote:
This mod changes the way ships flood and sink. It must be installed with the FX Mod and after it. Its taking the BARF mod and makes it work with the FX mod. If you dont run the FX mod you can just use the BARF mod. This is the samething as BARF, as I just used his settings for the zone.cfg.

@Zedi, I used this with OHII light and has worked fine so far. I looked at the zone.cfg from OHII and this should work but will have to be installed after OHII. Seems the OHII zone.cfg has some the FX zone stuff but not all. If you install this after OHII. OHII will now have all the FX and BARF stuff now. If guys were installing OHII after FX it seems some effects would not of been working. This will fix that
zones.cfg we have in OH2 was provided by TDW and even if I asked him many times about the compatibility with other mods, he never answered on this one. When I had a close look at that file I realized that is mostly a stock version file and is missing a lot of changes from FX nor BARF. Is why I recommended to be removed/replaced by those who play OH2.

Now.. there is a delicate problem here. When I realized that the cfg file in OH2 is wrong my first though was to merge zones.cfg from BARF and FX. But there are 2 problems:
1. permission from the 2 moders
2. how can I be sure that just by merging 2 files will not cause another problems and which value is best to keep when they are conflicting each other?

So you guys have answers for these problems? Because I truly wish we have a merged file that will gather the best setting from booth mod and then I could use it in the final release of OH2. But the 2 issues need an answer first.
Zedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 03:05 AM   #34
BigBANGtheory
Officer

Downloads: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
So you guys have answers for these problems? Because I truly wish we have a merged file that will gather the best setting from booth mod and then I could use it in the final release of OH2. But the 2 issues need an answer first.
How about playing OH2 only within TDWs yet to be released update to Magnus Opus so that these correct settings are in theory merged correctly?

Then use MO effectively as a patch i.e. a base from which all players run and mod from by default.

SH5 is getting to a point now where you need to be a modder to use the latest mods.

btw nice work on OH2
BigBANGtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 04:13 AM   #35
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
This mod changes the way ships flood and sink. It must be installed with the FX Mod and after it. Its taking the BARF mod and makes it work with the FX mod. If you dont run the FX mod you can just use the BARF mod. This is the samething as BARF, as I just used his settings for the zone.cfg.
Hi !

Thx for reply !

Okay, understand now.

I use latest release version of TDW´s FX_MOD, and when I enable your zones.cfg at last in MOD-Soup, I´ve then another way that ships flood and sink, but the FX_Effects are the same from TDW´s MOD, correct ?

Best regards,
Magic
Old 08-04-11, 05:23 AM   #36
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBANGtheory View Post
How about playing OH2 only within TDWs yet to be released update to Magnus Opus so that these correct settings are in theory merged correctly?

Then use MO effectively as a patch i.e. a base from which all players run and mod from by default.

SH5 is getting to a point now where you need to be a modder to use the latest mods.

btw nice work on OH2
The solution for the final release of OH2 is to completely remove zones.cfg and let the players choose their cfg from a mod that fits better their needs. But I was hoping that we can make a merged file that will have the best settings from booth mods. But you are right, hopefully MO2 will have a merged version of zones.cfg.

You need to be a moder to use the latest mods .. heh, funny as it sound but tend to be true. Compatibility is already a big problem...
Old 08-04-11, 10:48 AM   #37
mia389
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic1111 View Post
Hi !

Thx for reply !

Okay, understand now.

I use latest release version of TDW´s FX_MOD, and when I enable your zones.cfg at last in MOD-Soup, I´ve then another way that ships flood and sink, but the FX_Effects are the same from TDW´s MOD, correct ?

Best regards,
Magic
Yes!
Old 08-04-11, 10:56 AM   #38
mia389
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedi View Post
The solution for the final release of OH2 is to completely remove zones.cfg and let the players choose their cfg from a mod that fits better their needs. But I was hoping that we can make a merged file that will have the best settings from booth mods. But you are right, hopefully MO2 will have a merged version of zones.cfg.

You need to be a moder to use the latest mods .. heh, funny as it sound but tend to be true. Compatibility is already a big problem...
I agree with ya Zedi. I would just take the zones.cfg out of OHII. Maybe someday TDW will add the BRF content to MO and FX. As of now I will have to change the file everytime he comes out with a new version of FX. Which I know he already has but just has not released. Unless the new version would not change the zone.cfg. I tihnk this is why TDW has made MO, so lots of mods would be compatiable and all into one.

I think the only problem you will have if you take out the zone.cfg from OHII you will have problems with mines unless the user is running FX
Old 08-04-11, 11:51 AM   #39
Zedi
Sea Lord

Quote:

I think the only problem you will have if you take out the zone.cfg from OHII you will have problems with mines unless the user is running FX
Word.

Just tested this merged zones.cfg you made here and so far is excellent. No bouncing ships, also flotation and sinking is just perfect. Hopefully will be part of MO2.
Old 08-04-11, 12:23 PM   #40
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

Did anyone bother to use the stock FXupdate zones.cfg? Without merging values from BARF? TDW did state that he did his "own" changes of sinking mechanics to zones.cfg for FX, so the merging of barf into his may not be necessary, whatwithall the confusion it is causing. The changes I made and Mia posted might be completely redundant.

If that is the case, people with issues with the sinking mechanics either:

A: had a faulty zones.cfg from OHII, which was overwriting the FXupdates file

OR

B: were not using FX_Update

anyone care to test?
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 12:32 PM   #41
mia389
中国水兵

Yes Mobucks I have been using FX. There is a big difference between FX and what I have below. This is why I went searching for something. I didn't want to loose FX though. Thats why I made this.

@Zedi, I made a single player mission and tested this with the imported ships to OH and everything worked fine like I expected.
Old 08-04-11, 12:41 PM   #42
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
@Zedi, I made a single player mission and tested this with the imported ships to OH and everything worked fine like I expected.
A point to note about making single missions when you have OH II full installed.

OH II changes the unit number in the game. i.e. Coastal ships from 102 to 104.
So if you make a single mission with OH II installed and you use a coastal ship - it will work fine.
If you then un-install OH II - your single mission will fail to load the coastal ship.
Old 08-04-11, 01:38 PM   #43
Magic1111
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 783

Quote:
Yes!
Wonderful, thx for reply !
Old 08-04-11, 02:35 PM   #44
mobucks
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 209

[QUOTE=mia389;1720612]Yes Mobucks I have been using FX. There is a big difference between FX and what I have below. QUOTE]

Well then this BARF/FX merge should become the subsim standard for use in the community. With all that is going on here lately, we need to do some serious in-house clean-up of files that are used across multiple mods, to make things easier for the modding novice.
mobucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-11, 02:36 PM   #45
mia389
中国水兵

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevally. View Post
A point to note about making single missions when you have OH II full installed.

OH II changes the unit number in the game. i.e. Coastal ships from 102 to 104.
So if you make a single mission with OH II installed and you use a coastal ship - it will work fine.
If you then un-install OH II - your single mission will fail to load the coastal ship.
Yeah, I kind of figured I would get instant CTD if I tried to run the mission without OHII installed. It was just a test though so I have already deleted the mission.