SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-07, 12:10 PM   #1426
DrBeast
The Old Man

Downloads: 36
Uploads: 0

Regarding the loud, ear-piercing sound that you guys hear from time to time:

I think it's the submarine_net sound files being played. A few days ago I was patrolling in an area with submarine nets in the vicinity, and the first time I heard that sound I yanked off my earphones while trying hard NOT to suffer a heart attack, two strokes, a renal failure and a bladder failure all at the same time! It scared the B-E-J-E-S-U-S out of me! After getting that sound for the fourth or fifth time that night (and it ALWAYS caught me off-guard and scared me sh*tless!), I decided to check out all the sound files, and true enough, the Sound From Hell was submarine_net. I drastically reduced its dB levels and now it's tolerable to hear. I don't have the sound file here (I'm at work, and I don't have an internet connection at home), but if Leo's interested I could bring them along tomorrow so he can incorporate them to a future release of the ROW Sound Pack.

Never realized SH4 could be a scary game :hmm:

Let the Beast inside you free!
DrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 12:59 PM   #1427
Sniper31
Mate

Downloads: 78

What a truly incredible set of mods! ROW really amps up the immerive factor BIG TIME! Much thanks to the developers...great work.

P.S. Everytime I try to download the Hi-Res foam mod, WinRar fails due to several files being corrupted. Anyone know of a workaround?
Old 11-10-07, 01:04 PM   #1428
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

I just hooked up my ButtKicker and boy does that increase the immersion, what with the new sounds from Leo and gang. I can feel the diesels rumble, the hull creaking, and when the depth charges go off you can really tell when they're close

Old 11-10-07, 01:19 PM   #1429
Munchausen
Commodore

Downloads: 25
Uploads: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
I pretty much got the sun rise and sun set in the game to be almost totaly oposit of each other in time.
In the real world, that only happens twice a year, during spring and autumn equinox.
Munchausen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 01:30 PM   #1430
SubSuck
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterboy1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSuck
The lens flare doesn't seem to want to work for me. I'm certain I downloaded the right one.
Do you have a Radeon or Nvidia graphics card? It is my understanding that us Radeon folks cannot get that effect.
Yeah, seems that way. One PC does it and the other does not. Looks like a compatibility issue with Radeon cards as any current card can generate this effect quite easily.
Old 11-10-07, 01:46 PM   #1431
letterboy1
Captain

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens
Is the download fully up to date as of Nov 10, 11am EST (GMT -5)? So many changes coming at such a frantic pace I'm really getting confused. Do I need to wait until Sunday the 11th to have a fully finished version?

It's really hard to keep track of all this.

Perhaps a new sticky thread will be in order once the final version is uploaded? Sure beats wading through 70+ pages to figure it all out.

I do love what ROW has done for the sim in the previous version. Can't imagine playing with out it anymore.
The first post of this thread is always updated with links to the latest versions. When a part of ROW has undergone changes and is updated, it will include a "v" for its version indicator. Example:
ROW_Sound_Effect's_vs_4

If nothing new has been released since the original, then no "v" is include in the name.

In some other cases, for instance clouds, entire new downloads are made available as options like Kriller's Clouds.

So always compare the first post of this thread with the mods you currently have installed and you should be okay.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Antec 1 KW True Power Quattro PS
letterboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 01:49 PM   #1432
letterboy1
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The lens flare doesn't seem to want to work for me. I'm certain I downloaded the right one.
Do you have a Radeon or Nvidia graphics card? It is my understanding that us Radeon folks cannot get that effect.
Yeah, seems that way. One PC does it and the other does not. Looks like a compatibility issue with Radeon cards as any current card can generate this effect quite easily.
Yeah, makes me wonder if it's a driver version issue as well. ATI's last 2 or 3 driver sets weren't too friendly with AGP versions of cards, especially the x1950 series.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Old 11-10-07, 03:25 PM   #1433
kriller2
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 19

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, makes me wonder if it's a driver version issue as well. ATI's last 2 or 3 driver sets weren't too friendly with AGP versions of cards, especially the x1950 series.
If you are having trouble with the new catalyst drivers with Radeon 1950 and AGP, you should try the new Omega driver 7.10 it realy works! http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php but unfortunately still no sun glare for sh4.

Real Environment mod

and Pacific Enviroments 4 mod
kriller2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 03:43 PM   #1434
baxter
中国水兵

Downloads: 0

Leo, thanks for the updated files. I started a patrol last night with all of the changes and I was stunned by improvements. I thought it was incredible before and couldn't really imagine what you could do to improve it. You are a very talented guy!

Two questions:

Is the "Sky and Ocean Color Reflection Controls" new...I don't remember seeing it before. Can I install it on top of everything else? Can I install it while on patrol or only between patrols?

Also, can I change the sea foam selection mid patrol?

Thanks again to you and the entire ROW team.
baxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 04:36 PM   #1435
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default No worries Bill only one last file to put out today for the ship's

Quote:
Originally Posted by billko
At this rate, I'll NEVER be able to leave port! :rotfl:

Seriously though, tremendous thanks to you and your team for making SH4 such a wonderful epxerience!

I'm just so sorry I haven't been able to help you test the stuff.

Bill
Doing the last of them right now as I am typing this. Then that is the last new download although there might be a new one for the Sound's only due to last second work I am testing. Didn;t mean to make everyone nut's. No more testing needed just download the new work install and enjoy.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 04:42 PM   #1436
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Every File for download right now is the last time they will change

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens
Is the download fully up to date as of Nov 10, 11am EST (GMT -5)? So many changes coming at such a frantic pace I'm really getting confused. Do I need to wait until Sunday the 11th to have a fully finished version?

It's really hard to keep track of all this.

Perhaps a new sticky thread will be in order once the final version is uploaded? Sure beats wading through 70+ pages to figure it all out.

I do love what ROW has done for the sim in the previous version. Can't imagine playing with out it anymore.
For a very long time EXCEPT for the Ship reflection file and the Sound file. I am finishing up the ship reflection work right now with the new caustics work and reflection flikering fix.

The sound file only because I got some new one's AGAIN! But yes you can send me the sound file for the sub net'sDrBeast if it will help out with the stiuation for that one sound comming up like it does. BTW you made me laugh my you know what off with how you put all of that.
Old 11-10-07, 04:44 PM   #1437
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I did not change anything in the zone's file other than adding special effect's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie
First of all AWESOME work, thank you doesn't come close....

One issue, since downloading the new "ROW_SPecial_Effects_With_Triger_Maru_Zone's " file my torpedoes go straight through the japanese ships, not under, but literally straight into the ship and come out the other side without exploding. Anybody else seen this? :hmm:
To the zone's file for T.M. but I will bouble check and make sure nothing is missing like what happend to the stock zone's file that I corected and posted.
Old 11-10-07, 04:46 PM   #1438
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default I am going to download and test the Hi Res sea foam now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper31
What a truly incredible set of mods! ROW really amps up the immerive factor BIG TIME! Much thanks to the developers...great work.

P.S. Everytime I try to download the Hi-Res foam mod, WinRar fails due to several files being corrupted. Anyone know of a workaround?
I will get back to you on this one.
Old 11-10-07, 04:52 PM   #1439
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Default Okay the Sky and reflection controls I seperated from the special effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter
Leo, thanks for the updated files. I started a patrol last night with all of the changes and I was stunned by improvements. I thought it was incredible before and couldn't really imagine what you could do to improve it. You are a very talented guy!

Two questions:

Is the "Sky and Ocean Color Reflection Controls" new...I don't remember seeing it before. Can I install it on top of everything else? Can I install it while on patrol or only between patrols?

Also, can I change the sea foam selection mid patrol?

Thanks again to you and the entire ROW team.
All file's can be added at any time to the game except I sugest the special effects file should be added in port. Although the weather changes I made do not seem to occure from the Sky and refection controls do not seem to full take the changes until after you go to port and start a new patrol mission.

Originaly the scene file was a part of the special effect's download but I changed it because I found and started to use a lot more in game control's than ever before in my work.

So now the Special effects are all alone.

So to get the ocean and reflections work I have done you need that one new download.

EVERY file except the Ship reflections is new and has changed except for the old sea foam and cloud's.

And there will be a new ship file which is comming today.
Old 11-10-07, 04:57 PM   #1440
letterboy1
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriller2
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you are having trouble with the new catalyst drivers with Radeon 1950 and AGP, you should try the new Omega driver 7.10 it realy works! http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php but unfortunately still no sun glare for sh4.
Yeah, I was considering that and even downloaded it several days ago, but not sure yet if I want to try it. Oh what the heck, I might as well.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD