SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

View Poll Results: How fast you want the Cloud's to move in the Sky
I like them the way they are 96 20.43%
I want them a Little Slower 94 20.00%
I want them a Lot Slower 157 33.40%
Please give us Optional Install's 142 30.21%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 470. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-07, 09:17 PM   #1411
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 340
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by longam
These are very impressive improvements. There are so many options now for each individual taste I don’t think I have ever seen this in a mod to date.

Using the NEW 3D clouds I was in TC and came out and had the super fast moving clouds and thought – great here we go – but it wasn’t but a few seconds later and they stopped back to normal speed.

Going to do a few patrols on this version and take a break from the updates.
It is also handy to drop TC (whilst in map mode) back to 0x for a short moment to let the graphics rendering catch up and settle.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 09:27 PM   #1412
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
ALSO the sound effect's has been reposted with the repaired sub surfacing sound to the in game time limit and has an added engine room hatch opening sound for exhaust and a hatch sound for the crew comming up to the bridge worked into it.

The Deck gun sound you have is a little louder now do to popular demand.

New Aircraft Carrier engine sounds new DD engine and prop sounds and also new Duel stage depth charge explosion sound from the under water listening.

New round travel sound through the air and new splash sound of a round hitting the water and new aircraft explosion sounds.

Enjoy everyone!!

ROW sound effect's vs_4
Ok, has there been a sneaky sound file put in vs 4 that I don't know about When I load my save game, I get that loud whining sound for a short moment (similar what use to happen in SH3 when minefields were around). This sound also appears momentarily sometimes whilst patrolling now.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8 Core 16 Thread CPU, 3.8GHz Base Clock, 4.7GHz Boost, 105W TDP, 32MB L3 cache | MSI GeForce RTX3060Ti 8Gb Graphics | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32Gb (2x16Gb) 3200 MHz CL16 DDR4 Ram | Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 1TB | Seagate Barracuda 2.5in 2TB HDD | AOC QHD 165 Hz FreeSync HDR curved 31.5in Monitor | ASUS ROG Strix LC 240 ARGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler White Edition | ASUS ROG Strix Gold 750W Modular Power Supply | Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case White.
Old 11-09-07, 10:56 PM   #1413
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless
Ok, has there been a sneaky sound file put in vs 4 that I don't know about When I load my save game, I get that loud whining sound for a short moment (similar what use to happen in SH3 when minefields were around). This sound also appears momentarily sometimes whilst patrolling now.
I don't think this is necessarily new in vs 4. I ran into this once with one of the earlier test versions (happened after I'd taken my headphones off and wasn't really paying attention for the moment, but I did hear a noise from the headphones on the desk that didn't fit with anything that should have been going on in game at the time), and I never could recreate the circumstances so I didn't say anything about it then. It hasn't happened to me again since then, so it may be pretty hard to track down, but maybe someone can figure it out 'cause I'm sure it would be annoying if it started happening often.
Old 11-09-07, 11:48 PM   #1414
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6

I'm new to SH4. I installed and immediately patched to 1.3 and I have been loading all the mods as quickly as I have found them and as they are released. Everything looks and sounds fabulous, of course.

The odd thing is that I have no idea what SH4 looked like originally, eight months ago. Could someone post some before and after Pictures? I am sure the contrast will be Dramatic.

It's truly astounding what the modders have accomplished and it would be nice to show others (other Simmers, Flight Simmers for example) how vastly a PC Sim can be improved if the developers take advantage of (allow) the Free efforts of the 3rd party hobbyists. (UBI's IL2 flight sim developers took a "No Mods" attitude and the Sim suffered as a result. Quite a shame. A 'black market underground" Modding community has recently emerged over there.).
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 12:11 AM   #1415
nattydread
Captain

Downloads: 2
Default conflict between ROW ship textures and Improved Campaing layers v0.78

I got this conflict trying to activate the ROW ship textures:

"NDD_Shiratsuyu.dat" has already been altered by the "Improved Campaign Layers v0.78" mod.

Whats modified? I guess I need to see whats in the Campaign Layer version...is the .dat file just as visual thing or does it encompass other things? I dont want my Campaign Layers to get screwy.
nattydread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 01:39 AM   #1416
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default I took all of the DAt file's for the ship's from T.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nattydread
I got this conflict trying to activate the ROW ship textures:

"NDD_Shiratsuyu.dat" has already been altered by the "Improved Campaign Layers v0.78" mod.

Whats modified? I guess I need to see whats in the Campaign Layer version...is the .dat file just as visual thing or does it encompass other things? I dont want my Campaign Layers to get screwy.
And as far as I know all the ship stuff is both from Tater and Ducimus in T.M..

But tomarrow all the new and finaly work for the Ship reflections and caustics will be done and posted for a new download. And the last thing that needed to be put out for the mod as far as I know.

Letting it over write the other game mod's you have should be fine once the new one is downloaded tomarrow.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 01:43 AM   #1417
leovampire
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 0
Default panthercules and Fearless

This is something that happens from time to time even I get it and it has been happening to me since patch 1.3. Sometimes either when loading a save game or all of a sudden in the middle of playing I get a mind and ear blasting sound and then it dosn't happen again for day's.

Why your guess is as good as mine. How to solve it your guess is as good as mine. What triggers it your guess is as good as mine.

Just one of those little anoying things that happen from time to time like graffic glitches and more.

I would gladly share any fix I find for this with all of you if I happen to find it.
leovampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 02:30 AM   #1418
SubSuck
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

The lens flare doesn't seem to want to work for me. I'm certain I downloaded the right one.
Old 11-10-07, 02:35 AM   #1419
letterboy1
Captain

Downloads: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSuck
The lens flare doesn't seem to want to work for me. I'm certain I downloaded the right one.
Do you have a Radeon or Nvidia graphics card? It is my understanding that us Radeon folks cannot get that effect.
EVGA GTX Titan Black
1.5 T-byte HDD
Antec 1 KW True Power Quattro PS
letterboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 02:41 AM   #1420
billko
中国水兵

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 2
Default Help! Dave! Stop updating the files!

At this rate, I'll NEVER be able to leave port! :rotfl:

Seriously though, tremendous thanks to you and your team for making SH4 such a wonderful epxerience!

I'm just so sorry I haven't been able to help you test the stuff.

Bill
Old 11-10-07, 08:45 AM   #1421
ryanwigginton
Weps

Downloads: 68

The shells flying over head now sound authentic (from previous experience ). Excellent work.
ryanwigginton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 08:45 AM   #1422
Fearless
Ace of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
This is something that happens from time to time even I get it and it has been happening to me since patch 1.3. Sometimes either when loading a save game or all of a sudden in the middle of playing I get a mind and ear blasting sound and then it dosn't happen again for day's.

Why your guess is as good as mine. How to solve it your guess is as good as mine. What triggers it your guess is as good as mine.

Just one of those little anoying things that happen from time to time like graffic glitches and more.

I would gladly share any fix I find for this with all of you if I happen to find it.
Thanks LV. Something that one can easily live with.

Old 11-10-07, 08:54 AM   #1423
Archie
Medic

Location: The South Pacific, No, Really.... The South Pacific
Downloads: 73

First of all AWESOME work, thank you doesn't come close....

One issue, since downloading the new "ROW_SPecial_Effects_With_Triger_Maru_Zone's " file my torpedoes go straight through the japanese ships, not under, but literally straight into the ship and come out the other side without exploding. Anybody else seen this? :hmm:

"I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"
President John F. Kennedy,
Archie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 10:28 AM   #1424
The General
The Old Man

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 3
Default New Searchlight effect.

Would someone please post some sexy screen shots of LeoVampire's excellent new searchlight MOD? I can't get home to my computer for a couple of days and I'd love to know what it looks like.

Old 11-10-07, 11:11 AM   #1425
ElAurens
A-ganger

Downloads: 19

Is the download fully up to date as of Nov 10, 11am EST (GMT -5)? So many changes coming at such a frantic pace I'm really getting confused. Do I need to wait until Sunday the 11th to have a fully finished version?

It's really hard to keep track of all this.

Perhaps a new sticky thread will be in order once the final version is uploaded? Sure beats wading through 70+ pages to figure it all out.

I do love what ROW has done for the sim in the previous version. Can't imagine playing with out it anymore.

" And the sea shall grant each man new hope, as sleep brings dreams of home." Christopher Columbus
ElAurens is offline   Reply With Quote