SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-10-11, 05:51 AM   #16
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

It will take more time that i supoused before release the mod... i had new ideea and i rework some files with ddrgn... we will improuve the mod for more eye kandy views and more immersivity

See here what i made untill now:

stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 06:17 AM   #17
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434
Uploads: 0

I am always eager to discover your excellents mods
Thank you Stoianm

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 06:59 AM   #18
arnahud2
Frogman

Downloads: 724

Great !!!

Stoianm, you are qualified enough to become "Modder of the Year 2011"

arnahud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 07:06 AM   #19
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnahud2 View Post
Great !!!

Stoianm, you are qualified enough to become "Modder of the Year 2011"
In my opinion the only persons that can called moders are TDW, w_clear, ddrgn, zedi, reaper7, sober and so one.... the one that deserve that and the one that made SH5 a playable game is TDW

Thanks for your words but i am more an tester than a moder.... maybe in future i will drop my truck driver job and i will return back to school to learn programing

Last edited by stoianm; 04-10-11 at 07:28 AM.
Old 04-10-11, 07:24 AM   #20
SashaKA001
中国水兵

Downloads: 231

first video is blocked
SashaKA001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 07:25 AM   #21
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaKA001 View Post
first video is
That means is blocked in your country -

EDIT: yes... i saw it.. sorry... because of the background music.. for others i fixed the problem
Old 04-10-11, 04:18 PM   #22
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Added weather in the mod:

WEATHER

The weather random factor interval time change is decreased to have less fog days in game and to make the weather unstatic

Polar - in winter, spring and autum the time interval is max 12 hours - in summer is 48 hours

Temperate - in winter, spring and autum the time interval is max 12 hours - in summer is 48 hours

Tropical - here is only summer time - we have time intyerval max 96 hours

This way in the seasons that we have fog the weather will change often and we will have better chances to not have manny fog days in row - if i put the time interval change 12 hours that is not mean the weather type will change at every 12 hours.... you can have the same weather type few days in row but only the wind speed will change

the work is still in progress

Last edited by stoianm; 04-10-11 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-10-11, 05:34 PM   #23
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Hi Stoianm,

I watched your video previews. They look really stunning and highly realistic as far as I can see from real footage available in internet. Look for instance at these pictures, relative to polar underwater:

http://www.google.it/images?q=polar+...w=1366&bih=607

Yet, I wish to add some comments on one of your statements:

Quote:
Tropical - here is only summer time - we have time intyerval max 96 hours
I lived several years in a subequatorial country, between the equator and the tropic of capricorn, but closer to the equator than to the tropic. Depending on the season (yes, there were seasons!), namely from November to May, the weather could change from sunny to stormy and viceversa in a matter of half an hour. This happened in Tanzania, East Africa, whose climate is dominated by monsoon, but I think that as general rule in subequatorial countries (especially the ones close to the oceans) the hot season corresponds to high weather variability, due to the high rate of evaporation.
Of course there's a narrow band around the equator where the climate in costantly hot-wet during most of the year.
I hope this information can help you with your great work!
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 05:41 PM   #24
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Stoianm,

I watched your video previews. They look really stunning and highly realistic as far as I can see from real footage available in internet. Look for instance at these pictures, relative to polar underwater:

http://www.google.it/images?q=polar+...w=1366&bih=607

I see that the blue color is close with that i made... also i see that the underwater is green in some pictures... i can not control the underwater color in polar for example related to the seasons.. i can mix to have blue in morning and afternoon or when the sea is not calm and to add green when is calm sea or in middle day... dunno... when the underwater at polar is green?

Yet, I wish to add some comments on one of your statements:

I lived several years in a subequatorial country, between the equator and the tropic of capricorn, but closer to the equator than to the tropic. Depending on the season (yes, there were seasons!), namely from November to May, the weather could change from sunny to stormy and viceversa in a matter of half an hour. This happened in Tanzania, East Africa, whose climate is dominated by monsoon, but I think that as general rule in subequatorial countries (especially the ones close to the oceans) the hot season corresponds to high weather variability, due to the high rate of evaporation.
Of course there's a narrow band around the equator where the climate in costantly hot-wet during most of the year.
I hope this information can help you with your great work!

yes... god ideea here... i will decrease the time interval to tropics also... this way we will have the mix between storms and calm weather more often - like you said - good point
read in yellow pls
Old 04-10-11, 05:50 PM   #25
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Changed the time interval for tropical wheater at max 12 hours
Old 04-10-11, 06:36 PM   #26
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

TEXTURES

Reworked the sea bird texture to be more realistic sea birds and added in mod
Old 04-10-11, 06:40 PM   #27
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

I have the sober permision to use all his env mods in my mod and to ajust if i need this... things become more interesting
Old 04-10-11, 07:14 PM   #28
fredl109
Swabbie

Downloads: 152

Merci Stoianm pour cette belle réalisation.
Fred
fredl109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 07:24 PM   #29
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
I see that the blue color is close with that i made... also i see that the underwater is green in some pictures... i can not control the underwater color in polar for example related to the seasons.. i can mix to have blue in morning and afternoon or when the sea is not calm and to add green when is calm sea or in middle day... dunno... when the underwater at polar is green?
No idea about your question, sorry. Though, I may be wrong but I seem to remember that TheBeast used to live near the Polar Circle, so maybe he can provide some help about the weather conditions/times of day determinig different colors. Nevertheless from the google link I posted before, I think we have 4 or so main shades of blue:

turquoise / tiffany blue / bondi blue (light to dark)

midnight blue / prussian blue

tufts blue / han blue / denim

azure / cobalt blue

Yeye, I got out turning this post into a National Geographic special about polar bear!
Follow this wikipedia link for color reference (if you click on color names you can get their RGB coordinates):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Shades_of_blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
yes... god ideea here... i will decrease the time interval to tropics also... this way we will have the mix between storms and calm weather more often - like you said - good point
Ok, we got two different tropical areas (tropical, for equatorial and subequatorial climate and tropical_A, for tropical and subtropical climate, or viceversa, I can't remember now) I think you can keep or decrease slightly the max value of equatorial climate, and lower by a bigger amount the min value (I think the minimum min value is 2 hours; 2-3 hours shall be okay). As for tropical climate, we got four seasons, so you can apply the same changes only to the hot seasons and keep the stock values for the rest of the year. How do you see it?
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-11, 08:07 PM   #30
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

i like the idea of shorter weather intevalls very much
...can we get optional versions with even shorter intervalls (i would like to have 3 hours intervalls) ?

...maybe there is also a chance to eleminate a bug after loading a saved game...

Problem:

after loading a savegame, the weather is different regarding fog or visability and or the wave state (hight) isnt loaded / setted correctly but windspeed is. after a weatherchange then, the according wavehight for the current windspeed is rendered correctly.

Possible solution:

changing the weather instandly after loading a savegame using minimal changes like wind from 12 to 11 m/s, but maybe we need also here some special dll / code

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote