SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-22-11, 05:39 PM   #151
VWFKamikaze
Loader

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 0

Dude, what?!

Oh, man. I need this mod for my Let's Play.
Old 04-22-11, 05:39 PM   #152
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 833
Uploads: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWFKamikaze View Post
Dude, what?!

Oh, man. I need this mod for my Let's Play.
soon
stoianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 01:58 AM   #153
Torpedo
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1074

Hi stoianm!!!!!
your seabed01 is fantastic and very realistic.
I do not know what I tried to understand how marine plants were distributed, so the seabed01 had become a nightmare .
I'm very happy for your outstanding work!
Torpedo
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 02:05 AM   #154
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedo View Post
Hi stoianm!!!!!
your seabed01 is fantastic and very realistic.
I do not know what I tried to understand how marine plants were distributed, so the seabed01 had become a nightmare .
I'm very happy for your outstanding work!
Torpedo
Hi Torpedo... the seabed01.dds and rock.dds are used all over the place in game... so because of that we can not put to have tropical plants and corals in tropics and temperate plants and rocks in temperate... i create diferents dds optional.. so people can choose what they like in game... but if you choose corals and plants for tropics they will be in the temperate too... a bit unrealistic but this how the game is build... it is a midle solution... when you play tropical campaigns you can use corals and tropical plants... when you will be in polar or temperate campaigns is very easy to unninstall the optional mod for corals and tropical plants and to install the one for temperate and polar zones... they can be installed anytime... either in bunker or patrol.

For the bottom of the sea here is a bit more realistic... the game use 32 diferent dds for each zone and each season... so here i will make only a mod... and the bottom of the sea will change in a very realistic way depends were you are on the climate zones and in what season you will be
Old 04-23-11, 02:31 AM   #155
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Here some screenshoots from the Temperate zone:

Old 04-23-11, 02:43 AM   #156
Stormfly
Serial Port Protector

Downloads: 366

hmmm looks delicious

Stormfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 02:50 AM   #157
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormfly View Post
hmmm looks delicious
yep... i like it very much also... paris england made very nice dds for the bottom undersea... we will rework some a bit (we want to add sand in tropical) and the undersea is finished... we need some fish and sharks in this undewater to be perfect
Old 04-23-11, 02:57 AM   #158
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
@ Stoianm

Everything running without any remarks.

Also running the Sky Correction - just excellent!

The only disadvantage so far is that I might be spending too much time on the bridge now. Enjoying the scenery and forgetting about the rest of the crew...
//
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 03:01 AM   #159
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post

The only disadvantage so far is that I might be spending too much time on the bridge now. Enjoying the scenery and forgetting about the rest of the crew...
//
tnx for the feedback... when you will be in fog weather try to observe if the navigator will report you the corect weather type... pls
Old 04-23-11, 07:13 AM   #160
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
One thing that bothers me now is that the night graphics can't compare with the daytime graphics. I guess it's hard coded, but the stars bug me. When there is fog, the stars still shine brighty. Night-time storm atmosphere suffers because of this. Well, it's not a this mods problem, it's a problem with the games engine.
I tryied to put the clouds down... i tryied to put the clouds near your face in game... did not worked... i do not have any more ideeas how i can fix the game bug with seeing stars and moon in night time in heavy fog... i supouse is hard coded in game and maybe TDW can fix that one day
Old 04-23-11, 10:39 AM   #161
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174

Quote:
I tryied to put the clouds down... i tryied to put the clouds near your face in game... did not worked... i do not have any more ideeas how i can fix the game bug with seeing stars and moon in night time in heavy fog... i supouse is hard coded in game and maybe TDW can fix that one day
Thanks anyway for your efforts! Yes, let's hope that someday the stars won't shine anymore... . At least when we all know and agree that there is a problem, it's more possible that somebody will fix it.

Seabed and all the plants look great judging from your screenshots! Can't test more in few days, but it nice to see how it's improving all the time!
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 12:11 PM   #162
pascal4541
Officer

Downloads: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post

//
I've also forgotten
very good work Stoianm

Rampage Formula X48+E8600@4600Mhz H24+Corsair H50+4X2Go GSkill Trident PC9600+Sapphire HD6870@ 960/4600Mhz+WD Raptor 74Go+WD CaviarBlack 500Gox2+Samsung F1 500Go+CoolerMaster M850W+7-64Bits
pascal4541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-11, 07:14 PM   #163
stoianm
Ocean Warrior

I had critics about the underwater color in Tropical, Sub Tropical and Sub Temperate.... so Gap and Frederic force me to rework the underwater colors in those areas

I will apreciate if peoples from those area will came with sugestions about the real underwater colors from those climates zones

I think that i will use an underwater blue color base all around the world... the underwater green will be more in the zones near the lands... but the base blue will be very diferent from each climate... i will start lika a blue cold from nord and i will decrease the saturation to soud
Old 04-23-11, 09:43 PM   #164
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
I had critics about the underwater color in Tropical, Sub Tropical and Sub Temperate.... so Gap and Frederic force me to rework the underwater colors in those areas

I will apreciate if peoples from those area will came with sugestions about the real underwater colors from those climates zones

I think that i will use an underwater blue color base all around the world... the underwater green will be more in the zones near the lands... but the base blue will be very diferent from each climate... i will start lika a blue cold from nord and i will decrease the saturation to soud
Stoianm, I wouldn't spend too much time on the underwater parts. Many don't even look there because we play with external cam off. But if you do anything, make the water near land and in shallow water more murky and green and water "out to sea" more blue and clear. That's my 2 cents.
Old 04-24-11, 12:27 AM   #165
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoianm View Post
tnx for the feedback... when you will be in fog weather try to observe if the navigator will report you the corect weather type... pls
Yes Sir
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote