SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-27-12, 12:04 AM   #31
ADMIRALTIA
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 68
Uploads: 3

Ok So I just Applied the magnetic detonator fix. And It works great finally.

I managed to split a ship right down the middle.
But for some reason I lost the XO portrait when I target a ship.

Ship: Large Liner
How: Four Torpedoes Detonated under the hull.
Mechanics of sinking: Split right down the middle

Last edited by ADMIRALTIA; 04-27-12 at 12:23 AM.
ADMIRALTIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-12, 04:49 PM   #32
Moldycheese
Swabbie

Downloads: 47
Uploads: 1

Holy crap!! I haven't' looked at this thread I started for awhile and when I come back I find this! Thank the stars for you TDW! You rock out loud!

Last edited by Moldycheese; 04-28-12 at 04:59 PM.
Moldycheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 11:06 AM   #33
Moldycheese
Swabbie

Default How to use patcher

O.k So I used the patcher but I must have done something wrong because the torpedoes will not detonate magnetically. Can someone please explain exactly how to use the patcher and what to do?

Thanks
Old 04-29-12, 11:51 AM   #34
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldycheese View Post
O.k So I used the patcher but I must have done something wrong because the torpedoes will not detonate magnetically. Can someone please explain exactly how to use the patcher and what to do?

Thanks
There are two 'problems' with SH5 regarding magnetic detonators still. The fix will make the magnetic detonators work but in order to detonate:
- torpedo must be in the middle of the ship (this is due to the SH5 ships missing collision spheres on everything but the middle of the ship)
- torpedo must be <= 2m from keel of ship (this is what the magetic detonator range is set for in the stock torpedoes .sim file)

The fix for the magnetic detonators will also allow your sub to incur hull damage from DCs (a nice side benefit!)
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 11:57 AM   #35
Moldycheese
Swabbie

@TDW How many meters wide is the zone that detonates the torpedoes?
Also, will you be adding spheres in a later fix?
Old 04-29-12, 12:01 PM   #36
Rongel
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 174
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
There are two 'problems' with SH5 regarding magnetic detonators still. The fix will make the magnetic detonators work but in order to detonate:
- torpedo must be in the middle of the ship (this is due to the SH5 ships missing collision spheres on everything but the middle of the ship)
- torpedo must be <= 2m from keel of ship (this is what the magetic detonator range is set for in the stock torpedoes .sim file)

The fix for the magnetic detonators will also allow your sub to incur hull damage from DCs (a nice side benefit!)
I tried this myself, but didn't get the expected results, it seemed that the torpedoes explode if they are basically touching the bottom of the ship, like 0.1 meters from the bottom. So still not sure if it's working for me. I aimed at the middle of the ship but no luck.
Rongel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-12, 12:05 PM   #37
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Just a wee reminder for the tool that allows you to measure when testing
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=179718
Old 05-05-12, 02:30 PM   #38
Moldycheese
Swabbie

Default Error message when patching

I recently had to uninstall and reinstall SH5 but after reinstalling the patch comes up with an error message saying "file version is different than expected version" Help!
Old 05-05-12, 02:59 PM   #39
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I recently had to uninstall and reinstall SH5 but after reinstalling the patch comes up with an error message saying "file version is different than expected version" Help!
That means what it was expecting to see in the memory address (actually file location) the patch file specifies does not equal either the 'as designed' values or the patch. Are you sure you are patched to v1.2?
Old 05-07-12, 01:11 PM   #40
Moldycheese
Swabbie

Quote:
That means what it was expecting to see in the memory address (actually file location) the patch file specifies does not equal either the 'as designed' values or the patch. Are you sure you are patched to v1.2?
I patched but it still says the same thing! Although I have a question. I did at one point set the default type of program to open act files to word-pad. Would that have any effect? If so how do I reset it to default?
Old 05-07-12, 03:06 PM   #41
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
I patched but it still says the same thing! Although I have a question. I did at one point set the default type of program to open act files to word-pad. Would that have any effect? If so how do I reset it to default?
Sounds like your act file you are trying to patch is already patched or is corrupt. Load a backup copy of it into the \Silent Hunter 5 folder and try patching it again
Old 05-07-12, 04:24 PM   #42
col_Kurtz
XO

Downloads: 341
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkWraith View Post
Sounds like your act file you are trying to patch is already patched or is corrupt. Load a backup copy of it into the \Silent Hunter 5 folder and try patching it again
I have noticed something similar. It`s looks like the SH5.exe is already patched - without Hex Editor. Clear installation (the second one or next no matter). I can open the patcher and change the "Falses" to "True" values. But I can`t edit with Hex editor - problem above.
Is it possible that a previous installation and modification of Hex Editor had an influence?
Yes, I think - yes! I can`t describe this - sorry, my English. Maybe this screens.
1. Picture - Clear SH5.exe - patched to 1.2
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=5637
2. Hex is showing value 75! I didn`t touch this.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=5638
3. Closed the Hex Editor. Open the Patcher. I changed these values False to True. And have a look on the Hex value! Changed to 74 now!
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/pict...pictureid=5639

Also, if it was made to re-install the game do not need to re-use Hex Editor - if you've done this before. Just patch the SH5.exe via patcher

DRM it`s a horror, horror... col. Kurtz Apocalypse Now
WinXP Pro SP3 2x1GB Geil 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4850 Asus Top, E2160 1.80 Ghz overlocked to 2.79Ghz MoBo Asus P5b
col_Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote