SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter III
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-13-16, 05:41 AM   #1
Drako
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Default Help getting game up and running please!

Hi Captains!
This is my first post so I would like to start by saying a big hello to you all!

I am hoping that someone with a better knowledge of computers could help me out a bit, I have been trying to get back into silent hunter for some time but keep falling short.

Not that long ago my trusty PC gave out on me, blue screened beyond repair and so thought, hey it's time to get a new machine! Picked up myself a tidy little laptop but have not been able to get the game up and running.

I am currently running Windows 10 and the specification is more than capable of handling SH3 but I am having issues with the installation, I have gone over the step by step instructions on other posts on how to install but I wasn't sure f they were still current and if I am doing something wrong.

I have an original DVD version of the game with a CD key (version 1.0)
I read a lot of information an attempted to use the star force removal tool but when I run it I get a prompt saying nothing has been found...

so.... by now someone smarter than me is reading this thinking oh god this idiot hasn't got a clue...

I would agree haha

I followed the step by step instructions I found on another link on this website but when I closed the setup just after I updated the game versions it game me a 1062 error.

I would very much like to get back into this game especially now I have found this website too, is there anyone out there that can shed some light on this for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any response is greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
Chris

*** Error code is 1628***
Also just to add I followed through the step by step guide from Blitz best I could but the install didn't work, I changed the install directory etc so it didn't go into the 86 folder**
when I try and launch the game it just comes up with "Error" and across the bottom this game can be launched in blah blah blah...
I have tried running in compatibility mode, running as admin so any help at this point would be amazing as i'm lost lol

Last edited by Drako; 10-13-16 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Added Info at bottom
Drako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-16, 10:41 AM   #2
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Welcome Aboard!

The first thing with Windows 10 is to redirect the installation so it's not in the Program Files folder. Windows these days doesn't like having things in there that aren't Windows itself. Some things will run just fine there, and some won't.

This might seem a bit extreme, but the first thing I would do is to find and buy a newer version of SH3. They come without StarForce and without the need to have the DVD in the drive all the time. Load it up once and put the disc in a safe place. Beyond that I'm not sure where to start.
Old 10-13-16, 06:24 PM   #3
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123
Uploads: 0

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Drako
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote