SimJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 04:30 PM   #2
Oleander
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 475
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimJack View Post
I have installed community mods manually because JSGME does not work on my PC.

I have everything I want installed, but there are 2 dials that I have denoted with red arrows that are in the way. The first is the status dial for fuel, battery, air, and CO level.
The next one over that is blank I am clueless about.

1) I need repair advice

2) I need removal advice

Thanks in advance
What's your mod list?
Oleander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 04:57 PM   #3
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1078
Uploads: 6

What steps did you take to install JSGME? Perhaps a manual install caused errors with the red arrow issues.
Mikemike47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-13, 09:50 PM   #4
SimJack
Watch

Downloads: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
What's your mod list?
1) All Sounds Included
2)Mighty fine crew mod
3)FX_Update_0_0_21_TheDarkWraith
4)Naights Submaine Textures v1.2 (PUV)
5)NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith
6)OPEN HORIZONS II_full v2.2
7)Real Environment - Revision_3
8)SH5Lifeboats_by_Rongel_TDW_stoianm_v2.11
9)NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_jimimadrids_map_tools

Plus some small Sobers mods. Everything works great except for the issues with the newUIs_TDC_7.4.2

I even redownloaded the SH5 game and just added the TDC_7.4.2 mod and the results were the same. I even tried the 6.3.7 version and the 7.5.0 beta with the same results.
Old 10-06-13, 10:02 PM   #5
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
Plus some small Sobers mods. Everything works great except for the issues with the newUIs_TDC_7.4.2

I even redownloaded the SH5 game and just added the TDC_7.4.2 mod and the results were the same. I even tried the 6.3.7 version and the 7.5.0 beta with the same results.
Looks like you did not check the possibility of multiple folders for any of the New UIs for TDC. That information is explained in the use of JSGME, too.
Old 10-06-13, 10:08 PM   #6
SimJack
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
What steps did you take to install JSGME? Perhaps a manual install caused errors with the red arrow issues.
I have SH III and SH IV and have a lot of experience (most of it the hard way) with installing community mods. I have not had much success with JSGME even though it is conceptually great but confusing when overwriting files.

I really have everything installed that I want but am trying to determine how to modify some files to get rid of the 2 dials (gages) because the data is in the main menu and those 2 obscure my view of the speed dial.
Old 10-06-13, 10:13 PM   #7
SimJack
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemike47 View Post
Looks like you did not check the possibility of multiple folders for any of the New UIs for TDC. That information is explained in the use of JSGME, too.
I don't have any multiple folders because I manually added all the mods in such a manner that nothing was overwritten during my copy and paste cycle.
Old 10-06-13, 11:53 PM   #8
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I have not had much success with JSGME even though it is conceptually great but confusing when overwriting files.

I really have everything installed that I want but am trying to determine how to modify some files to get rid of the 2 dials (gages) because the data is in the main menu and those 2 obscure my view of the speed dial.
Of course, JSGME overwrites files. It is supposed to. NO harm will happen to your mods. I don't understand why you haven't had success with JSGME? Elaborate how? What version did you try? It is up to 2.6.0.157.

For example, mod1 has a commands.cfg file. You install mod2 which also has a commands.cfg file file. All you have to do is disable mod2 and the commands.cfg file is there from mod1 in the game. Disable all mods, and original commands.cfg is there. . Both commands.cfg are now with original mods and will not effect the game. JSGME works flawlessly.
Old 10-06-13, 11:56 PM   #9
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I don't have any multiple folders because I manually added all the mods in such a manner that nothing was overwritten during my copy and paste cycle.
You may not understand what I mean by multiple folders. Show me an example. The mods from post #4 will certainly have files that will overwrite other mods. Human error could still happen.
Old 10-07-13, 12:07 AM   #10
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
We need more details than this. It is going to be hard to help you out since it was a manual install. Too many files for variables.

Did you archive a copy of the stock patched game as far as the folder structure and all the files go? Unless I can get more information, I would drag and drop the archive information back to the game folder.
Old 10-07-13, 12:11 AM   #11
Mikemike47
Grey Wolf

Quote:
I have everything I want installed, but there are 2 dials that I have denoted with red arrows that are in the way. The first is the status dial for fuel, battery, air, and CO level.
The next one over that is blank I am clueless about.

1) I need repair advice
Explain further.
2) I need removal advice
Explain further.
The arrow on the right is the numerical heading 0,90,180,270 to steer your boat. Part of New UI. Clicking the numbers will bring up the compass. There is a section in the optionsfileview/editor to change things on this, too.

The arrow on the left is part of New UI, too. Did you read the information on post #1 for Multiple UIs for TDC. Post #4 says you had multiple problems with different versions.

P.S. This thread should have been started in the SH5 Mods forum, more specifically the Multiple UIs for TDC.