SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-15-07, 09:47 PM   #1
Mantose
Nub

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Default engines not working

I took some damage while sinking a ship. Many systems were damaged a little. The engines were damaged alot. So after sinking the ship I fixed all the damaged parts.

While repairing my engines were working and I was moving .. but during the repair I stoped. After everything was repaired. I tried to move again ... but no matter what I have done my engines wont go ...

I have sitting in the same spot for a few days now. No idea what I can do ... I am in a career mission.

Is there anything I can do besides failing the mission... Can I call in to get a tow back to port or anything so I dont have to start over?
Mantose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 09:51 PM   #2
Sniper31
Mate

Downloads: 78

Stupid question...but, fuel status?
Old 11-15-07, 10:08 PM   #3
Mantose
Nub

Feul gauge doesnt seem to work ... only gauge that works is batteries. I have it on the normal settings when I started the career ... but before I started the career I changed everything to limited in the options/ realism. Not clear if that effects anything for career.
Old 11-15-07, 10:17 PM   #4
donut
The Old Man

Downloads: 10
Red bar on eng's=1=distroyed

No tow,previous save,try again.
donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 10:24 PM   #5
Sniper31
Mate

Downloads: 78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantose
Feul gauge doesnt seem to work ... only gauge that works is batteries. I have it on the normal settings when I started the career ... but before I started the career I changed everything to limited in the options/ realism. Not clear if that effects anything for career.
Hmmm...did you set everything to limited AFTER you started your career, on the screen that comes up while you are in port? If not, then even though you set things to limited, once you started your career and picked 'normal' mode, the limited fuel setting is turned off. So, most likely, you are out of fuel and as the fellow said above, you will have to reload from a previous save. Sorry man...
Old 11-15-07, 10:53 PM   #6
Mantose
Nub

I am a total newb ... at this game right now

You were right about everything changing when you select normal for career.

Turns out I had unlimited fuel, so you would think that wouldnt be the problem... but when I submerged to use electric engines they worked fine. Well until they ran out of juice. Either way I had to start over ... so now I have the settings I want in my career since I figured out how to change them. Thank you for mentioning that.
Old 11-16-07, 07:45 AM   #7
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Default One thing

If your crew is at Battlestations too long they won't respond to requests for engine power.
Is it possible you forgot to 'stand down' from battlestations? I've done that a couple of times until I realized the problem (i.e. You'll know that's the problem when you select an engine setting and you get a "cannot comply" message).
:hmm:
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 10:31 AM   #8
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5

Tomosee has it right.

Chances are you left the crew at battle stations for a couple of days straight, now there all too tired to lift a wrench.

Take your crew out of Battle Stations you should get underway soon.
SteamWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 03:40 PM   #9
Winston Caine
Mate

Downloads: 10

That happened to me once, I tried arranging speed through knots display, time compressing, checking damage... then I enter the crew window and figure my whole engine crew is zzZZZzzz-ing.
Winston Caine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 01:12 PM   #10
SeniorSpan
Mate

Downloads: 122

G'day,

As somewhat of a newbee mtself, I did experience the same situation regarding "engines won't go" . I found, like several others, all the crew asleep.................so, call "Battle Stations", got under way and then cancelled "Battle Stations" and as luck would have it, I kept on moving.

Cheers
Old 11-17-07, 01:26 PM   #11
Peto
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 4

I had this happen once. Got beat up--repaired all damage--engines no longer run. Had a half tank of gas, crew was fine except a couple guys with minor injuries.

I never could get the boat going again and reloaded...

peto
Old 11-17-07, 03:42 PM   #12
-Pv-
The Old Man

Downloads: 5

An engine damage of "1" with the damage bar completely full cannot be repaired at sea.
-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote