SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-25-07, 03:29 AM   #1
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 211
Uploads: 0

Default Skin Question : GWX v1.3 antennas with Fubar's skins

Hi all,

I have a quick question which I'd be very much obliged if someone could answer. I'm running the excellent GWX v1.3, congrats to all involved in producing it, and enabling sub skins via JGME. If I use the "stock" skins as per a standard GWX install and equip my sub with radar etc. then all is fine the DF and radar antennas appear as they should. If I enable an alternative skin file for a type IXb then the antennas appear in the wrong places, sticking out of the conning tower etc. I tried one of Fubar's beautiful skins on the Type IXb, the splinter pattern one and this happened. Thinking it was because he has modded the "turm" files I tried just enabling the texture files located in the "tex" folder and the skin didn't show up. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to which files I should use to get the desired affect or which skins are compatible with the new rotating antennas feature. I'd really like to get the splinter cammo and the antennas in the right place for a project that I'm working on.

Thanks and best regards

Aces
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-07, 03:38 AM   #2
danlisa
Navy Seal

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1

You have almost answered your own question.

The only skins which will work with GWX are skins created with textures only. If any skin is made up with a DAT file then it will not be compatible.

IIRC Fubar has re-done/re-packed all of his skins so that they are all textures only. You can find them in his FF account - http://hosted.filefront.com/fubar45

If you can't find the one you need then the only option is to unpack the version you have and remove/restructure it so that the textures are in the right location.
Old 04-25-07, 03:46 AM   #3
Aces
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 211
Uploads: 0

Thank you very much for the information, as an old "modder" I thought that this might be the case. I'll have another look at Fubar's skins and try and effect a solution.

Much obliged and many thanks,

Best wishes,

Aces

Edit:

I've just downloaded the skin file again from Fubar's site and it only contains texture files and is identical to the one I downloaded and installed yesterday I wonder what's causing the problem. The radar antenna was too low down and embedded in the front of the conning tower and the radar warning receiver rather than extending from the side of the tower was on a pole of its own in the tower. I just used JGME to enable it, strange !?.

http://files.filefront.com/IXBsplint.../fileinfo.html

Last edited by Aces; 04-25-07 at 04:16 AM.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote