SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific > SH4 ATO Mods
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-11-09, 09:39 PM   #1
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10
Default How can i do this?

How can i use the stadimeter to enter a range to the TDC without totally fuxing up the speed and AOB i set manually?

in SH3, the AOB and Speed portions of the notepad had a "-" next to them. meaning that only the valid data in the notepad would get sent. You could send a range, without a speed or AOB.

In SHIV.. EVERYTHING in the notepad gets sent, whether you input something or not.

Also, in SH3 you could clear out parts of the notepad without harming the data in the TDC (atleast from what i could remember.. its been awhile). can't do this in SHIV either.

i fugging hate this!!

the way i used the german TDC in SH3 was:

1. plot the target's course on the map.
2. figure out what the AOB would be when the target was at 0 degrees in the scope.
3. put my scope at 0, then input that AOB... then clear out the notepad.
4. figure out targets speed through plotting.. then manually enter that speed in the TDC.

5. from there, it was just a matter of picking a ship in the convoy, then grabbing a stadimeter reading on him just prior to firing and sending that through the notepad.

Basically, i made full use of the fact that the AOB dial in the TDC is linked to the periscope. once you set what the targets AOB is at a given periscope bearing.. you don't need to change it at all after that unless the target or you turned.

yeah, i can still do this in SHIV. but i can't use the notepad at all. after i get the stadimeter reading, i have to go manually turn the range dial... else i fux up the AOB and speed.

.ie turn on manual entry... set the range.. then turn off manual entry.

i dunno.. i downloaded OM to finally put some seat time in a U-Boat in SH4, and this just totally put me off. what the hell were they thinking? did they expect us to enter a new AoB and speed everytime we wanted to just send a range?
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-09, 11:24 PM   #2
gutted
The Old Man

Downloads: 470
Uploads: 10

meh.. i think i posted this in the wrong area.
gutted is offline   Reply With Quote