SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > General Topics > PC Hardware/Software forum
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-08, 05:07 PM   #1
silentrunner
Watch Officer

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Vista problams?

I have a notewbook with Windows Vista premium installed on it. I have SH3 and 4 installed. Along with a lot of other software. It was begining to run very slugishly, so I began uninstalling certain software. Today my internet was not working so I checked to see what the problam was. The network center told me that my wirteless network adaptor was not being detected. At first I thought my driver software had failed, so I reinstalled it from the HP website. Still my network adaptor was not being detected. I called HP tech support and they told me to reinstall the software, after telling them that I had allready tried this they7 told me to remove my card and put it back in. Still not working. I tried to restore my PC to June 11th. When my PC logged back on it told me that system restore had failed. The HP tech support guy told me that the problam was in my OS and that I should backi up my files, and restore my computer to factory conditions.

I want to know if this is a problam with Vista and if so is it a common one? I am getting really tired of Vista so I am thinking about ditching Vista and going back to XP pro. Would it be worth the price?

silentrunner is offline   Reply With Quote