SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-16-10, 09:16 AM   #1
commandosolo2009
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0
Default [REQ] Crew cap and hats mod, beards mod, facial gashes and bruises..

Hey fellas..

I know, I know, covered before but I just wanted somebody of our esteemed crew members to give uniforms and esthetics a more UBER realistic attention..

I dont know if that is historically accurate, but skippers and sailors wore their hats on duty, on watch..In the annoying video at SH5.com with the annoying pegi 12 and all the grease monkey, the navigator and the crew wore hats... And the kaleun was not a medal show-off freak nor the crew.. like, the XO who has an Iron cross on his chest?? ranks are ok on a u boot?? not a chance.. you know.. it's not like they cant tell the skipper from the number 2 from the dive officer from the gunny, etc.. each had men under his command and none would interfere with eachother with the purpose of undermining authority..

Its a DRY subject/ request, but the guys in-game are (forgive me) bunch of clowns with their outfits.. I know that folks on sub were given freedom to wear anything so much that it makes them comfortable for the action.. but the camel colours of the XO and the navman are ridiculous.. perhaps someone might change their textures to navy blue and remove the decorations..

Also, I dont know if the KM had a stock of razors onboard, but the crew not having facial hair, specially after 3 weeks patrol, not even stubble sounds kinda rediculous too..

So, to summarize:

1- Crew clothes changed and storm/bad weather clothes for watch
2- remove all ranks and decorations (which are too goofy to see at 1939 since they werent decorated YET)
3- crew grows beard or has stock beard to reflect time passing..
4- facial wounds and gashes to reflect combat experience and shockwaves from DCs..

Get to work (if possible) Gents...
commandosolo2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 12:29 PM   #2
haegemon
Medic

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Sometimes the clima was so hot they wore no shirt. So no, they didn't wear their hats on rutine (maybe only outside the sub but I'm not sure about). They wore uniforms and hats when was expected to dock or to encounter with other people. While, the normal procedure was informality with the appropiate decorum to their rank and the service. Obviously wearing only military clothes.
haegemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 01:03 PM   #3
SteelViking
The Old Man

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4

You are aware of the Mighty Fine Crew Mod I hope? It pretty much does most of what you are requesting here.

He sank 198,650 tons....who you ask?....Erich Topp, that's who!
SteelViking is offline   Reply With Quote