Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Modern-Era Subsims > Dangerous Waters
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-26-06, 12:37 PM   #1
Ori_b
Gunner

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
HA HA, got this bloddy game at last!!

Fewww... now that was hard, since its not sold here, and no UK store would send it here, i almost gave up and used the STEAM (behh ) option.
After my wife wouldnt let me use some relatives of her that live in UK, I used the wife of a colleague (not what you think ) who had some biologic convention in Liverpool.
With a great timing (pure coincidence of course) she bought the last GAME.UK delux copy (actually the last copy literally) at hamleys.

Man, i wasnt so excited since OPF and TANK PLATOON.
lots of reading to do (although im glad i made my homework in the last few months - reading everything at SUBGURU since the SONAR part really sux),
now its a matter of getting used to other displays than the SSAZ of the kilo

Sorry for this rather pointless post, I'll shut up now

Last edited by Ori_b; 06-27-06 at 07:01 AM.
Ori_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 04:20 PM   #2
Bill Nichols
Master of Defense

Downloads: 125

I'll be interested in hearing what you think of my 'Gunboat Diplomacy' scenario. It's new to the European version.
Old 06-26-06, 04:56 PM   #3
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

It would also be nice to know when these will be released to the rest of the community.

Not ragging at you Bill, more Blackbean,
Old 06-26-06, 05:24 PM   #4
Nexus7
Commander

Downloads: 2

Couldn't believe it's so hard to get a copy of DW... even here in Kosovo they sell it
Old 06-26-06, 05:24 PM   #5
goldorak
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by XabbaRus
It would also be nice to know when these will be released to the rest of the community.

Not ragging at you Bill, more Blackbean,
Forget Blackbean, I'm wondering why those who bough the european version are not sharing with us the new scenarios ?
goldorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-06, 05:29 PM   #6
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

I've decided the next version of LWAMI will be for the Micronesian DW customers only. :p
Old 06-26-06, 11:45 PM   #7
Ori_b
Gunner

Btw, some scenarios still exist on Bill's site, maby in different versions.
I infer from the name that the scenario you speak about concerns the FFG7 so it will have to wait a bit (as I said - bit overhelmed here ).
Old 06-27-06, 06:00 AM   #8
Kurushio
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I think comparing the availability of Dangerous Waters in Kosovo to Britain is unfair. I mean, you can even buy a T-72 (low mileage, full service history, road tax) in Kosovo...maybe even a suitcase nuke. By the way...we are talking about ORIGINAL copies here, right?

No...Dangerous Waters is nigh impossible to find here in Britain. I've been to the biggest PC Worlds...nothing. Toy R Us...nothing. Boots...nothing. Anne Summers...nothing. Seriously, this game...

So the lady went to Hamleys, did she? I'm curious how much it cost there..do you know how much she paid? :hmm: As far as I know, Hamleys don't stock many PC games. Very peculiar distribution, I must say.
Old 06-27-06, 07:12 AM   #9
Ori_b
Gunner

As I said, Im a proud owner of a LEGAL extended copy with all the printed manuals and two bonus disks. I insisted on a legal copy (was offered a pirated copy from a guy whom i made contact with about buying his old legal copy of SC,
what an irony ). I hope this small support help to convince SCS to support this great product and to continue producing more sims (although Im affraid that this will be the last we see from them).

From what i heard from my colleague, the saleswoman in hemleys didnt know about DW at first, it was another worker there who digged up the last copy.
He told my colleague's wife that they had recieved 4 coppies in total, 3 of them were bought on the day of arrival, the last one waited for me .

Oh, i payed 29.99 pounds for it.

Last edited by Ori_b; 06-27-06 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-27-06, 07:17 AM   #10
Kurushio
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Ori...I was referring to Kosovo as the "non-original" copy. Interesting. Yes, I heard that from a few people...you have to ask a shop assistant about DW and then they send a co-worker down into the basement and come back up wth a dusty one full of cobwebs and say "...there were 4 down there" in a surprised voice. Maybe why I never saw it in PC World.
Old 06-27-06, 07:29 AM   #11
Ori_b
Gunner

Oopps, silly me, didnt read it thoroughly.
Old 06-27-06, 07:40 AM   #12
jasonbirder
Swabbie

Downloads: 10

Plenty of the Dangerous Waters 2CD European version in my local Virgin megastore...Don't know if that helps anyone...
jasonbirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-06, 07:54 AM   #13
LuftWolf
Ocean Warrior

I think the problem is the day of computer game users working in computer game stores in long over...

I remember walking into Babbages back in the day, and the 20 something "kids" working there could not only tell you everything about most of the software in the store, but also how to edit config.sys and autoexec.bat files for particular titles... now you'd be lucky to find ANYONE in the store who plays computer games.

It's all Xbox and Playstation... I guess most people playing computer games these days aren't in retail.
Old 06-27-06, 08:06 AM   #14
JamesT73J
Medic

Downloads: 9

I've seen DW in two game stores down here. The extra campaign thing intrigues me.
JamesT73J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-06, 04:26 AM   #15
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

Well I e-mail BlackBean and asked about when the extra scenarios will be posted on the BlackBean website so the people who already have the BF or Strategy First version of DW can play them. I also did say I wasn't going to buy an extra copy just to get the scenarios.

Either he didn't understand my e-mail or they are hoping we will buy another copy as his answer was that if they put the scenarios up on the BlackBean website why would people want to purchase a copy. I'll post his e-mail later.

I was thinking those who don't have a copy will buy it in the store as they wouldn't be able to play the scenarios unless they have DW. Maybe BB are worried that people will get a warez copy of DW.