Uploads: 0

Default No comment

Old 12-16-19, 11:36 AM   #2
STEED
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 48

Icon10

Jezzer as in classic Top Gear ran into this problem with old mop head May testing two battery cars and had issues with charging. Yes the cars are getting better but without enough chargers and locations do you want to be getting worried all the time running low of juice.

To borrow Davros saying...I NAME YOU CHIBNALL THE DESTROYER OF DR WHO YOU KILLED IT!

Last edited by STEED; 12-16-19 at 04:51 PM.
STEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 01:51 PM   #3
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

This is precisely the problem in my home town Sky, too many cars and insufficient charging points.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 04:31 PM   #4
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Skybird's video clip made me recall an idea I got a few years back, after having seen a documentary on Danish tv on and about batteries and electric cars.

My idea in simpel was that instead of all the charging stations they develop some kind of batteries that is light and with high capacity whether it's cold or hot.
The car owner just take out one of his batteri-In my idea a car has three batteries
One for the engine-the biggest in capacity
One for the AC - The next biggest
One for the electricity the lowest.

s/he takes out the battery replace it with a fully recharged battery and recharge the old one in his home.

When taking a long trip s/he could have a few batteries with them as reserve.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-19, 05:07 PM   #5
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Skybird's video clip made me recall an idea I got a few years back, after having seen a documentary on Danish tv on and about batteries and electric cars.

My idea in simpel was that instead of all the charging stations they develop some kind of batteries that is light and with high capacity whether it's cold or hot.
The car owner just take out one of his batteri-In my idea a car has three batteries
One for the engine-the biggest in capacity
One for the AC - The next biggest
One for the electricity the lowest.

s/he takes out the battery replace it with a fully recharged battery and recharge the old one in his home.

When taking a long trip s/he could have a few batteries with them as reserve.

Markus
Too much reliance on battery and sufficient storage capacity Markus....all the eggs in one basket as the saying goes.

Old 12-16-19, 05:09 PM   #6
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
My idea in simpel was that instead of all the charging stations they develop some kind of batteries that is light and with high capacity
You are aware that this "simple idea" is exactly the crux with batterie development? Light and hjigh capacitzy, that is like having two lottery jackpots simultaneously.

The first man developing and licensing such battery will get stinking, stinking rich.

I know an alternative: produce the electric power aboard the car. Have according fuel on board, like Diesel-electric locomotives, these indeed run with electric engines, since long, long time. The idea is not new: its about hydrogen cars. Producing hydrogen costs resources and energy. But then, just this week once agaion a new study was repported about in Germ,an newspaper that showed thast the proruction of electricity for charging e-batteries and the production of e-cars and batteries and engines themselves, make the who,e rpdiciuton ebven more emmision-.,intensive, tha operating gas-driven cars.

We decei ourselves if thinking e-cars and batteries allow us to clean our ecological footprint without needing to most dramatically limiting consummation in general. Chasing phantoms, thats what we do. There is indicaiton that we do even RAISE emissions with switching the economy to producing e-cars, batteries and the likes. The dinriect, the sdecindary ecological costs of e-cars and e-car power prüpduction are usually not talked about.

I slowly start to think that it doe s not matter so much whether our cars run by e-engines or gas-engines. What makes the difference is that we have so damn many of these cars. And it becomes more every day and week.

WE ARE TOO MANY.

And recently, first time evber I nheard some scoientoist vpoicing a silent suspicion that I held since two or three years now. He said that they already can measure that duie to the evber grpwiong number of windmills beign ste up the loss of energy in the wind already m akes itsel ffeölt in slower movement opf air masses. which is the reaosn, he argues why we have a growing number on extreme intesne rain in germany and centrla europe. If you take the wind to have it running windmills, you take energy out fo it, and the wind is weaker b ehidn the windmill than it was before it. Simple physics: from nothign comes nothing, windmills do not collect some mysterious orgon energy from the air. Have the win strema passing through dozens and hundreds, and over the distanc ehtorugh thousands of wind,mills, and the loss of enery in it is real, not just theoretical.

WE ARE TOO MANY. Too many people, too many cars, too many energy consumers, too many windmills, too many of just everything. Either we learn that outselves, our nature teaches us. But learning it either way we will.
Old 12-16-19, 05:12 PM   #7
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

^ So limit each family to one car per household as China once did 'One child per household' ?

Old 12-16-19, 05:25 PM   #8
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37

Then I can inform that in 2012 or was it in 2013 MIT had developed a NANO-based battery who only weight 1/20 or 1/30 of a ordinary car battery
and with a capacity who was 30 or 40000 times higher than a ordinary car battery.
Cold or hot this battery perform in splendid in both conditions
And a lot more

Haven't heard so much about it since then, so I don't know if it was dead end or what.

Markus
mapuc is online   Reply With Quote